1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Nice Photo of shotgun pattern in action

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Catching Chrome, Mar 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catching Chrome

Catching Chrome Member

Well I took these shots today because we were looking for some shots for a club news letter. I had my camera so I decided to shoot some. Lighting was poor and I didn't have a tripod but still got some decent shots even though I had to use a relatively low shutter speed and a jacked up Iso. They wanted a picture of a member breaking a bird over from behind. Picture 1.
    [​IMG]

Well I then took this one:

[​IMG]

Upon a closer look it revealed a great pattern shot, especially for being hand held.

[​IMG]

It was amazing that I caught this level of detail with a handheld lense at a focal lenght of 165mm and a shutter speed of 500.

I did some analysis using the target for scale and figured that the pattern was around 34 inches. Pretty cool I thought.

[​IMG]

2. dgh

dgh Well-Known Member

way cool pictures,,,

3. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

GREAT photo.

4. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Those are really nice, you have a good camera--good eye and even better timing, also good math comparison. Were these taken from the 16 yd. line??? When I take time to study them closely & see some of those blank areas now I have another excuse. GRIN---- Someday I wish a camera would be invented that would take pics in 3D So I could see the actual formation of a pattern (length & width) as it actually hit the target like yours show. Thanks--Ross Puls

5. Huntin'Fool

Huntin'Fool Well-Known Member

your skills always impress me more and more every day

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Nice. Would like to see pics like that against a blue sky. The pellets would show more clearly.

7. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Nice job.

8. Dougbbbb

Dougbbbb TS Supporters TS Supporters

Pete

You should take that camera with you when you're on the upper delaware and in between putting on flies for you're customers take some pics of the browns as they break the surface..

Doug

9. Catching Chrome

Catching Chrome Member

Yeah, they came out pretty good for just basically screwing around. I like the fullness of the pattern. Just goes to show if you really only need to be within that 36" pattern. Not sure what choke she was shooting or load but pretty neat. Yes they were from the 16 yard line. Thanks Guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.