1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Nice Guns That You Have Owned---but no more

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by puablo, Oct 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

We shooters and gun enthusiasts are a funny bunch...and most of us have switched many a time. What's some of the nice ones that you have let go that you liked. Trap or otherwise. puablo

2. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

A really nice TM-1 that I sold to a member of the club and then turned around and bought a Not so nice TM-1 for the wife when she all of a sudden wanted to shoot. GO FiGURE!

Rick in Mt.

3. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

My Model 21.....bought it as an unshootable broken basket case in 1978...restocked it in some decent English Walnut and had the old Winchester Custom Shop rebuild it. Shot some clay target games with it and then sold it 3 years ago when the cash supply was getting a wee bit thin...and a Winchester 101 broadway that was my first doubles gun...

4. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

A CARM16 with a serial number under 5000 and the original full-auto bolt, a BM59 made by Baretta, A 50 cal double rifle I figured I didn't need. Stupid, just plain stupid.

5. Charles.F.Phillips

Charles.F.Phillips TS Member

A Remington Model 10-A with bottom ejection. A serial number lookup determined that it was produced in 1918, so I called it my Victory Gun. A previous owner had put a PolyChoke on it, so it shot skeet and trap equally well and the hulls always landed at my feet.

R/s,
    Charlie

"As an American I am not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, America gave him the White House based on the same credentials." <br />
    --- Newt Gingrich

6. dverna

dverna Active Member

A pair of Bob Munden Colt SAA's with custom grips. Slickest pair of six guns I have ever owned.

Don Verna

7. tp

tp TS Member

A Ljutic Selka stocked in exhibition grade english walnut. A real head turner and great fun to shoot.

8. capvan

capvan Active Member

Marlin 39-A. Bought when I was 18, sold it a few years later. Wish I still had it! Anyone got one they'd like to sell?

Bruce

9. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Ljutic Space gun. That was a head turner.

10. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I wish I still had my S&W stainless 625 .45 ACP revolver with a 3" barrel. They were plentiful at one time. Then S&W discontinued them and only made the 5" version.<br>
    <br>
    A S&W Model 58 in 41 Mag that had target grips, target hammer and target trigger. That's rare.<br>
    <br>
    A second year S&W Model 29 44 Mag.<br>
    <br>
    An Artillery Luger with stock.<br>
    <br>
    Three Remington Model 53 .22 Jets.<br>
    <br>
    An accurate S&W Model 48 in .22 WMRF. Rare because it was accurate.<br>
    <br>
    A mint 1927 Argentine Colt (1911) made in Hartford.<br>
    <br>
    A second year production Winchester 1886 lever action rifle in 45-90.<br>
    <br>
    A Colt AR15 in 9mm with a mountain of 32-round magazines.<br>
    <br>
    A S&W Model 28 Highway Patrolman with a 6" barrel. Not rare, but what a useful gun. I'd like another, but the prices have gone stupid on these.<br>
    <br>
    And that's just the ones I really miss. I've probably sold or traded off more guns than most people will own in their lifetime. At one time it was my goal to own a model of every N frame S&W ever made, and I came damn close to it. I was lacking only some of the early guns like the 38-44 Heavy Duty and oddities like the Texas Wagon Train 44-40. Lost interest in S&W after they backstabbed us and got rid of many of them.

11. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

ithaca model 37 trap, remington 870 d grade trap, remington 31 b grade trap, remington 31 tc, richland arms singe barrel trap, 2 winchester model 12 pidgeon grade trap guns with consecutive serial #s purchased nib special order item from marshall fields.
    steve balistreri

12. k-gunguy

k-gunguy Member

A beautiful Bill Cole,unique and a great shooter!!!!
    GAZ

13. spritc

spritc Active Member

Mostly every one I ever owned. 3-4 Krieghoffs, 4-5 Perazzis, 1-Silver Seitz and of course 4 Kolars. Many Colts, Smiths and a hord of model 12s. I'm sure I'm missing a bunch.

Steve

14. MtnGun

MtnGun Member

A Winchester 21, a Pigeon gr. LC, and a KX-5 for shotguns. An 1885 Win. in .40-60, and an FN Browning .30-06 rifle.

15. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Almost forgot about my Shiloh Sharps Long Range Express #1 in .45-120 and my Browning T-bolt Deluxe...

16. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Mint Weatherby Mark XXII semi-auto. Pretty gun.

S&W 29 44mag. Sold it after seeing a new S&W bulge its cylinder on the first box of cartridges. Thankfully I kept my trusty Chief's Special, though.

My beat-up childhood 410 Wingmaster. Did a lot of hunting with it. Cost $104 new and I'd pay $500 to get that exact one back.

-Gary

17. shrek

shrek Active Member

A few that come to mind are...

A winchester 94 XTR Big Bore in 375 winchester

A Remington 870 TC made in 1966

the rest of them that have been sold I don't miss at all

18. no5shooter

no5shooter Member

An early S&W Model 29 .44 Mag, one particular Model 12 Trap, a nice S&W Chief's Special with a 3" barrel... kinda miss these three. Oh, and a Ruger Security Six (I know, sort of a workhorse among Thoroughbreds) that was the most accurate .357 I've ever shot. Gotta miss the accurate ones.

19. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

A Remington 870TC Sesquicentennial. Sold it through a friend. Wish I had that one back.

20. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

My first 810 richland o/u 10ga. The Remiongton 1100 with a Hastings High rib and Jack west stock I sold to a guy here on trapshooters. Two guns that shot so well I shouldn't have ever sold them. As I recall both things seemed like the thing to do at the time...... Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.