1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

nice example of a service woman

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by g7777777, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

--

This 19 year old ex-cheerleader (now an Air Force Security Forces Sniper) was watching a road that led to a NATO military base when she observed a man digging by the road. She engaged the target (i.e., she shot him). It turned out he was a bomb maker for the Taliban, and he was burying an IED that was to be detonated when a US patrol walked by 30 minutes later.. It would have certainly killed and wounded several soldiers.

The interesting fact of this story is the shot was measured at 725 yards. She shot him as he was bent over burying the bomb. The shot went through his butt and into the bomb which detonated; he was blown to pieces. The Air Force made a motivational poster of her:

(Folks, that's a shot 25 yards longer than seven football fields!)

And the last thing that came out of his mouth ... was his ass!

If You Can Not Stand Behind Our Troops,

please Feel Free To Stand In Front Of Them!

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Would she consider prairie dog shooting to be a date?

HM

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have a picture of her in the original email but cant post it here for some reason

4. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/what-a-woman/question-585583/

5. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

As usual, not quite true.

This story of the 19 year old cheerleader and the 725 yard shot that killed the Taliban is fiction. Both the story and the poster are contrived.

The young lady in the photograph is real and is in fact a U. S. Air Force sniper and a hero in her own right. Senior Airman Polly-Jan Bobseine is a Journeyman in the 823rd Security Forces Squadron stationed at Moody Air Force Base in Georgia. According to her bio, Airman Bobseine joined the Air Force in 2003 and after completing her training in security forces, volunteered for her current position in the security forces. If the description on the photo had been true then Bobseine would have been 13 when she joined the Air Force. The minimum recruitment age is 17.

The Air Force named Bobseine "Outstanding Airman of the Year" along with 11 other non-commissioned officers in 2006. Bobseine's biography says that she served in Iraq, not in Afghanistan where our men and women in service are combating the Taliban.

Bobseine was deployed in Iraq for 187 days of high-risk operations. Her bio says, "Airman Bobseine discovered an improvised explosive device at an Iraqi polling center and quickly evacuated and secured the area for explosive ordnance disposal teams. While at Kirkuk AB, she was selectively chosen for off-base operations and conducted more than 100 combat patrols covering 63 square miles. She executed 12 traffic control points, providing critical weapons trafficking deterrent. Her patrol discovered a large munitions cache and provided security for EOD demolition."

A separate biography from the program of the Air Combat Command’s Outstanding Airmen and First Sergeant of the Year Awards Banquet said that Bobseine was home schooled and was already a marksman prior to joining the Air Force. In 2000, she participated in a New York State High-Power Rifle competition which earned her the title of Junior Trap Champion.

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

7. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Jeez Tim, the truth just isn't as cool as the cheerleader story.

8. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

The hell it isn't wolfram. When did you serve?

Guy Babin

9. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Would she consider trapshooting a date? If so, I'm inviting her to shoot wiht us in MN

10. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Never was in the armed forces Guy. Tried to get into the Navy but was declined due to color blindness. So I got some student loans and went to school on my own nickle. I always thought the real reason the Navy rejected me was they didn't think I could be trusted around all that ordinance.

11. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Ross.. your luck with women?????????????? I met your's..and she's a keep...

12. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

What a busy woman for being so young!

13. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

She's lucky Clinton isn't still around to award her his special medal of honor.

14. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

stokinplus you made me ill just thinking of that.The certainly would not be a MOH and he shouldn't be mentioned on the same page as one. His award would be more like a crooked token of disgrace.

Since I'm no ill, has Obama awarded any MOH? I wonder if he will and if he does what that ceremony would look like? I would feel sorry for the soldier who earns the MOH and would have to accept it from "the one". I'm sick to think of it.

Tell me what am I doing in this hand basket and where are we going?

15. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

That would be a Stoggie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.