1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by senior smoke, Aug 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2007
    Wauwatosa Wisconsin
    I called my friend luther and said there are no ATA events near us today. so i said lets do something different. so we went out to the Waukesha gun club, and shot a round of skeet. luther brought his super x skeet gun, i brought my trap 870 tb, i recently picked up a 26 inch cylinder barrel. i have not shot skeet in years, i shot a 23, missed low house 5, both targets?? luther missed a high house 2. so he beat me by one target, i never heard the end of it.

the club was slow yesterday, not many people like it normally would be. sat and talked to some shooters with new guns. they were smoking targets like a house a fire. i told luther, wait till the newness wears off, and they start missing targets. i said i hope they didn't get rid of their old guns.

i said to luther lets go to sammy's, a hot dog joint here in milwaukee. they have most hot dogs on sale on sundays for 99cents. so luther sits down at a table. i come back with 10 hotdogs. 4 chicago style with hot peppers, 4 chili dogs with extra onions, and 2 suaer kraut dogs with mustard on top. luther said thanks. i said thanks for what? he said for buying the hot dogs. i said these are for me. luther goes crazy calling me a fat b-------, then i said i'm only joken. i love to get him going. we ate, laughed , had a good time.

something i forgot to mention. when you are friends with someone for as long as luther and i have been, you sometimes get a feelin when your friend needs help. last sunday morning, my wife yelled from the basement that our washer broke. a few minutes later luther called. he told my wife he was sitting outside drinking a cup of coffee and suddenly he got a feeling that i needed his help. she told him our washer just broke. he said he'd bring his tools and try to fix it. he comes over and says the belt was loose, so he tightend it up and it works fine now. luther and i have argued alot over the past 30 years. sometimes we will go 7 or 8 months without talking to each other. but, we both know if we need something, all we have to do is call. when we get together, we will start out our converasations" do you remember the time we shot at , so and so, and end up laughing about our exploits. i am convinced, that the sport of trapshooting is great because we shoot, but the friends that you make along the way is priceless. over 30 years we have seen alot shooters pass on. if you have not seen some shooting friends lately, consider what we did yesterday . we just shot a practice round of skeet and trap and talked. it was a good day.

steve balistreri
  2. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2006
    Life is good! It's nice to sit back and think of all the blessings each of us has. Sounds like you had a real good day, Steve...and you got a real good friend there...love your stories. puablo
  3. crusha

crusha TS Member

Jan 29, 1998

Would you consider adding Smoke's and Luther's faces to the All-American print? It's the least we could do, for all the enjoyment they've given us on this forum.

What you say?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.