1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Nice bull moose...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Jeff P, Nov 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

First try at posting a picture....

Nice bull moose, unfortunately he's blocking traffic and not laying on a trailer someplace ready for the processor. We get a lot of moose in town, but he's right in the middle of town, and he's good sized...pushing 60 inches pretty hard.

2. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Reminds me of Northern Exposure.

Guy B.

3. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

What town is this?

4. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

LOL...he's a lot bigger than the northern exposure moose, that's for sure.

Sorry, wolfram, it's Anchorage. He's about as "in the middle of town" as you can get. he's crossing Fireweed, which is one of 3 or 4 main east / west streets in town. He's easily a mile or more from the SE corner of town. We have a couple hundred moose that roam around.

Three summers ago, we had a brown bear come into our subdivision and eat two moose calves - the cows will have their calves right in your yard, if they pick you - and fish and game shot him two blocks from my house.

And I live in the MIDDLE of a 900 house subdivision - houses 40 feet apart, mowed yards and bushes, kids walking to school, that sort of thing. Just a normal neighborhood.

If you've seen the show on Discovery about the 3 bear maulings in Anchorage, one of the ones profiled was less than 1.5 miles from house (more INTO the middle of town of Eagle River). Eagle River is 40,000 folks or so - a bedroom community of Anchorage.

5. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Neat stuff Jeff, thanks for sharing.

I'll bet those guys do a number on your gardens, makes my jack rabbit problem seem pretty small.