1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NIB SX-1 SN88500??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by superxjeff, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Barney Kerr of California. Not that I know everything Ha-ha-ha. That gun had a plain reciever and a full choke barrel instead of a trap full choke barrel. That was one of the guns they tied up at the end of the run. I bought an identical gun from Hampels for 850 last year NIB and sent it back when I saw the make up. Wish I hadn't now!!!!! Boy did I show them. LOL Jeff

2. GordonWood421

GordonWood421 TS Member

Baron23 ,

What is the S/N of your late production SX-1 ?

Charlie

3. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Bob one will come along at a decent price. Just hold on...... Jeff

4. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Charlie - I actually have two NIB very late slick side receiver MC stock trap guns. One is 88467...that one is still with me in the box. The other is with Ken Hurst for engraving and I don't know the serial number but will find out for grins. I'm still mulling who to have work the blank that I sent you the pics of...was going to Wenig, now thinking of going to Wenig for custom fit semi-finish and let another fella do the checkering and old English style oil finish....decisions, decisions :)

Cheers

Stephen

5. Alpha_Three_Niner

Alpha_Three_Niner TS Member

Serial 88500 is not the last serialed SX-1. I don't know what it is, but it is higher than 88500. I have not seen a SX-1 in the 89,000 serial range. I wonder if they exist in the 89,000 range???

6. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Charlie - the SN of the other one, that is with Ken for engraving, is slightly lower....88149. But in speaking to Ken, he indicated that when he was in the factory, they would put the receivers into small boxes with the SN on the outside, but that no effort was really made to take them off the shelf and assemble into a complete gun in serial number order...just grab the closest to hand.

As said, we may never find out what the highest SN was, and certainly there is a very high probability that the highest SN was NOT the last gun assembled and shipped.

Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.