1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NIB Ruger Trap Gun on gunbroker

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by short shucker, Jan 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

0   0   0

This isn't mine, but not an everyday find.

ss

2. jack1122

jack1122 TS Member

0   0   0

I didn't think ruger made a $4100.00 gun. It's good looking though.

Jack

3. Alamo

Alamo Member

0   0   0

Shooter at local club had one. Only one that I have ever seen. Shot one round of trap with it and the bottom of receiver was very hot to touch. Too hot.

4. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

0   0   0

I think these guns retailed for about $2500.00 new. I turned one down at $1800.00.. This guy is way off base, IMHO.

JON

5. ks5shooter

ks5shooter Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I own one they are pretty cool,but then again I own 11 trapguns....Don

6. Sigraph

Sigraph TS Member

0   0   0

Anyone on here ever use one on a regular basis, or know someone who does? They usually get dogged on this site for not being reliable etc. I'm just wondering if all the bad stuff I hear about them is true.

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

0   0   0

I know a guy who shot one and then Ruger wanted it back for some reason, they gave it back to him and to the best of my knowledge he still has it ... The gun listed for $2495.00 brand new out of the box, and only comes one way and thats with all of the bells and whistles ... I was told there was a run of 350 of them but that changes depending on who your talking to, was told by another guy who knows everything they made 2000 of them so I'd guess they made between 350 and 2000 of them ... When key people in the Ruger Organization died so did the trap gun idea ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. grummanflyr

grummanflyr TS Member

0   0   0

The current Blue Book value on this gun shows $3500 NIB. They say that aprox 300 were produced between 2000-2003 , last MSRP on this was $2850.
    I would presume that the run up on the gun price is due to rarity more than anything else. There are a lot of Ruger collectors.
    Walt

9. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Interesting....but, I could do a lot better things with $4100.

10. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

0   0   0

I know a shooter that has two of these. He shoots one very regurlarly the other is NIB and will stay that way.

I've shot the one and it doesn't handle too bad. The gun really hits them hard when the shooter does his part. The recoil was a little stiff for my liking. I did notice the last time that I saw him it had a recoil system on it of some sort.

ss

11. anglia1

anglia1 Member

0   0   0

My wife shoots ruger o/u s for hunting, so I bought her the unsingle trap model.She shoots it very good ,its light and easy to adjust to about any point of aim. For me it's too light.The barrel in this gun has a straight rifleing type grove in it.It patterns as good as my high end guns. You cann't buy a unsingle trap gun for $2500. We like ours. Don

12. JLJ0422

JLJ0422 TS Member

0   0   0

Looks like a gun only a mother could love! Mabe hang a pork chop off the barrel. JD

13. anglia1

anglia1 Member

0   0   0

I did shoot it at a meat shoot and won three tri-tips with it ,no pork-chops , Don

14. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

0   0   0

fugly,,,,,

15. headhunter

headhunter Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

The least they could do is use the same wood for the comb. The grain looks awful!

16. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

0   0   0

A friend of mine uses one of these and does very well with it. He had some problems a while back and Ruger took care of it for free. Supposedly these were made for a member of the Ruger family that wanted a Ruger trap gun. Hence the limited run. i don't think they were discontinued for any problems.

17. Sigraph

Sigraph TS Member

0   0   0

Maybe if they had offered it as a combo option it would have caught on. Was the reciever fitted with both top and bottom firing pins, or was it just a single shot?

18. jhoward

jhoward Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

They have a single firing pin, so no combos.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
how many ruger unsingles were made
ruger limited trap
ruger trap gun for sale

ruger trap model

ruger un single trap
ruger unsingle trap gun for sale
ruger unsingle trap shotgun