1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NIB Remington 90T value?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Crunch, Apr 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crunch

Crunch Member

I have a couple of questions regarding the Remington 90T. Did they come with a removable trigger? Do the later models require the updates or were they done at the factory (serial no 3XXX). What is the value of a LNIB Remington 90T with the low rib? Does anyone have any additional information about this trap gun.

2. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Yes they ALL came with the Removable trigger. NONE of the 90T's had the forearm update at the Factory. The "Locking Lug-Bolt" was changed after about 1200-1300 (I think). Hope this Helps. Joe joe90t

3. Pre-64

Pre-64 Banned User Banned

Joe, what did the forearm update do? I've read many places that the 90t's shoot low and that the only way to raise the POI was to have an adj. comb fitted? Was this "the" fix?

4. ljuticsscentennialpro

ljuticsscentennialpro Member

Not all 90T's were created equal; buyers of new guns had a choice of different comb heights which were marked on the original boxes. As I recall the stocks were stamped with different code numbers for the different drops in stocks. They will have different points-of-impact, depending on the comb heights. LNIB low ribs seem to go for about $2000-$2200. Bob

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

My opinion only - new in box 90T is worth $2500 if it has both triggers today. I sent you a PM

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Pull & Release

7. jhoward

jhoward Member

No, the triggers aren't drop out, but you only have to remove the one screw in the trigger guard to remove it.

8. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I think we're talking semantics... the trigger does drop out. The forearm update allows the gun to wear-in instead of wear-out the forearm iron. Chokes can vary, so have the bore and constriction measured.

Built by Kolar Arms for Remington in Racine WI, during the mid 90s. There is a lot information on these guns by doing a search here...

Great Support is still providing by Kolar or by Doug Braker (GunDr) in Backus, MN...

I still have a 1996 Remington Catalogue with the "T"... I own both a low rib and HPAR...

Great Guns...

Jay

9. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

Nice guns....

I remember buying a new HPAR....at the time Remington was giving the both the buyer and the dealer 5-10 free flats of shells as an incentive to buy the gun.
    I enjoyed shooting the gun, but had my sights on a Ljutic and eventually traded it in a deal. Purchased a used one from Bob Shultz and again traded it on a deal. I wish I had either one of them as a backup.

JMHO

Jim C

10. dale58

dale58 Well-Known Member

I personally believe that they will always hold their value or go up in value. It's the old supply and demand thing. You can't go out and buy a new one. Like anything that isn't made anymore, the more original it is and the better condition it is in will determine it's value. I'm very thankful that I was able to find a HPAR in excellent condition, all original except the stock adjuster and a new Kick-eez pad. I also think the 90-T was the best single barrel trap gun ever made. JMHO. Dale

11. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Well here I go again---Shot for Shot-Day in Day out-years from NOW--The 90T will "take a Lickin' and Keep on Ticking". Ok that is My opinion!!!Like SO many people on Ts.com i have owned and shot a LOT of different Trapguns. I also trade guns with the intent of making a "Little" cash and ALSO putting a GOOD Gun in someone's Hands.TM1's are GREAT Guns BUT, the 90T with it's "Tank" like construction will last YEARS before any Gunsmithing is needed. I (JMO) do NOT believe a TM1 can be shot as Much as a 90T without some work. NOW--This is my opinion and I am NOT looking for a "Pi$$ing"Contest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Joe joe90t

12. 90Tshooter

90Tshooter Member

I agree with joe90t.

Joe

13. john g.

john g. TS Supporters TS Supporters

I agree with Joe90t

Have had a couple of each and the one Tm1 shot the most needed the firing pin hole rebuilt.I still have not had the forend update done on my 90Ts.

John G.

14. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Fine gun-shot flat!!

15. Schoolcop

Schoolcop Active Member

Don't hold back Joe tell'em how you really feel. lol My 90-T shipped today from Dougs. Wiil probably be a long 4 or 5 days until it gets here.

16. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Schoolcop, I think there are a LOT of us waiting to see your "NEW" 90T. Of course i have NEVER seen an "UGLY" 90T. !!!!!!!!JUST a Word of Caution !!!!!! This winter use a "gun sock" at night because if you roll over against that COLD receiver you are in for a "Shock". LOL Joe joe90t

17. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Yea, can't wait to see that 90-T School!

I have to say that both the TM-1, and the 90-T are very close. I have shot both and..... I have to say that the 90-T would be my choice, and that is solely based on maintenance issues. The weight difference is also a factor.

When you close both side by side, there is a difference, although I have shot the
    TM-1 better. 90-T seems more solid, and heavier.

Man, that is tough. My heart still says 90-T.

18. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

The TM 1 will cost much more when repairs are needed.

19. dale58

dale58 Well-Known Member

Years ago I shot a friends TM1 and personally I like the way the 90-T feels better. Some people think the 90-T is heavy but to me all the weight is between your hands in the receiver. A heavier gun helps reduce recoil and it still doesn't feel muzzle or butt heavy. That is probably why they have a reputation of being soft shooting guns. Dale

20. Schoolcop

Schoolcop Active Member

I'm pretty computer stupid so if someone wouldn't mind posting the pics for me I'd gladly email them when it comes in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
remington 90t gunsmiths
remington 90t hpar
remington 90t hpar vs 90t low
remington 90t trap gun value

remington 90t value

remington 90t versus
remington kohler 90t value
value 90t remington