1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NIB 870 TB/TC Trap Barrel!@#$%^&&&*&*&&**

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by SirMissalott, Sep 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

I have NIB Trap barrel MOD two beads etc.. box marked TC/TB Purchased new in 1976 never been on gun. $175.00 shipped. Thanks for looking Jim W

2. bigclown

bigclown TS Member

That is a great barrel - I presume it is 30". I bought one a couple of years ago just like it NIB and paid $195 + shipping. You may want to bump the price up a little bit...look at the prices Corson's asks for field barrels. Just a thought. Best Regards, Ed

3. SirMissalott

Thanks BigTuna I just want to clear out some extra stuff not in use. Jim W

4. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

I have the same barrel purchased about 1980. It is a great barrel and, with 2 3/4 dram, 1 1/8 trap loads, would break 16 – 20 yard targets well.

After reading this post, I may have to get it out of storage.

The 870 trap barrels of the 1960 - 1980's were wonderful barrels.

It is well worth your asking price. Mine is not for sale and, looking at the price of a new 870, I would want more for mine.

5. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

There is a difference between an older TC and TB barrel. Although both are good, a true TC is better. A lot of folks, back in the 60's would buy two guns - One TB and One TC. They'd switch the barrels and then pawn the one marked TC, with the TB barrel off on some poor unsuspecting and unschooled sole for the TC price. Happened all the time.

6. SirMissalott

What was the difference? Mine is in the original Rem. box marked TC/TB I realize the will fit but didn't know there was a difference in the barrels.

7. SirMissalott

TC That was my understanding???

8. jimx200

jimx200 Member

As having shot, bought and sold dozens of Rem 870's in various trap configurations since the 1960's, I have never seen a barrel stamped either TC or TB. Barry R., would you or anyone have a photo to post of one said barrel? My guess is that Rem. had a limited run of these during a certain production period. I did ask a Rem. rep many years ago about the differences between a Wingmaster vent rib barrel vs. a trap barrel...he replied there was no difference (pre step rib barrels).

9. bigclown

bigclown TS Member

The end flap on the box of the new barrel I bought says: Model: 870 TB, Bbl Lgth: 30", Choke: Mod, Type: Vent. Rib No. 6232. The barrel has the middle bead and is marked MOD TRAP Best Regards, Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.