1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NHSC Returns to ATA Events

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by fssberson, Feb 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

For Your Information: The North Hollywood Sportsman's Club 2010 Board of Directors voted today to return to the ATA/CGSTA fold regarding holding ATA sponsored events. We will return to the current CGSTA calendar beginning with our Saturday, Feb. 27 shoot. It is our goal to maintain the same high standards of target presentation, friendliness, promptness, good food, and fun!
    More to come next week with a call for pre-squading. Fred Berson

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

3. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Jerry: take me with you! Wish I could go too, but work calls even being retired. Good luck. Fred

4. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

5. E. Beaver

E. Beaver Member

It does not matter if it is an ATA or PITA shoot, if I can make it I'll go.

NHSC is a wonderful club and I always enjoy shooting there.

Charlie

6. cnjranch

cnjranch Member

Fred,

We to are in Arizona for the next two shoots. I see the April shoot is a two day shoot with Sunday being the winter chain buckle. Candy and I will see you guys then.

Good luck and take care,
    James Hammond

7. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Well, it seems that Jim Flynn has some thoughts and questions about how North Hollywood Sportsman's Club is being run. We had elections in December and a whole new board of officers was elected. 1. The two club members who have done such a successful job in promoting NHSC and running our shoots have chosen to NOT participate in ATA club run events... their choice. 2. NHSC is trying to stay out of the CGSTA vs. Redlands skirmish... not our fight. 3. It was the overwhelming club members feelings to stay with ATA as the members were never polled or asked about PITA... one person, unilaterally, declared us a PITA club and dropped our pre-committed ATA calendar. 4. NHSC wanted to honor our ATA committments/calendar. 5. NHSC may in the furture throw PITA events. And finally, 6. I was asked by the new president to take over our shooting program , and seeing no other hands raised, I agreed [PS-- I am a PITA member]

Yes, our shoot numbers may go down as we are not in competiton with any other clubs or organizations. We put on ATA [or PITA] events for our club members and others in the shooting community. Making a profit is nice, but not our driven mission. Throwing excellent targets and having fun is our goal. We hope to continue that standard. Any help in this regard would be appreciated. Respectfully: Fred Berson

8. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

It's good to hear the NHSC and their cool headed membership have steered their club away from personal vendettas by a few. The good CGSTA members will prevail when it comes to doing what's best for CGSTAs members when votes are counted at the state shoot one day soon. The CGSTA has too many fair minded members to allow a few to ruin the ATA shooting in their great shooting state! Good job NHSC, Fred, you'll do a fine job and participation will increase as a result.

Hap

9. In plain view

In plain view Member

Fred: As I do shoot there and have been spoiled as to how the club has been run, can you tell me who the new officers are? Thanks. Bob English

10. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Good on you.

11. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

Fred,

Please e-mail me I need an address from you.

Thanks

Kym Hughes

CGSTA Trophy Chairman

12. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

13. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

I'm with Charlie, Pat, and Fred re. this issue. I also have no issue with those who feel that the ATA and/or specific individuals has/have treated some clubs poorly. I just do not know and feel that these are emotional and personal issues and none of my personal business. However, I do think it is important for all shooters to show support, time and funds depending, by participating in events at all regional clubs as long as appropriate targets and a friendly and fair atmosphere prevails. Let's not erode our sport via internal bickering.

Terry, Jim, Gary, Fred, et. al., you all represent thought and intelligent opinions with which are likely not totally congruent with one another's or with mine or with all others. That would be impossible among thoughtful individuals...however, to reiterate,...You are thoughtful individuals, but, more importantly, by having your opinions, you prevent our sport from suffering due to apathy and help prod it towards continuing improvement and maybe some introspection.

Remember the old saying: "We have met the enemy and it is us."

Thanks,

David Buchman
    Los Angeles

14. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.