1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NH Primary - best strategy for gun rights!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by crusha, Jan 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crusha

crusha TS Member

Hi folks, I already conversed with Ron Frazier about this on his other thread, but thought it was important enough to start a second one.

I'm usually pretty much a jerk-off on this site, but I'm talking about gun rights here, so please hear me out.

If you're registered Independent in NH - you should participate in the Democrat Primary, and VOTE FOR OBAMA. For your gun rights.

This is a cold-hearted, cynical, nasty point of view, so please give me a minute or two:

If Obama wins NH, Hillary will be dead, and we will have a Democrat we can actually BEAT in the Big One. I have nothing against Obama personally, other than his views, but I'm just telling you...a black candidate with even a hint of Muslim heritage cannot win nationwide. That's somewhat unfortunate as an indictment of race relations for our country...but it's still true, so we might as well put it to our advantage for our gun rights.

What? Some of you think Hillary is the more un-electable of the two? Oh, really? Hear me out...I'm going to give you a number:

Before I tell you what the significance of this number is, first a little background:

There are about 300 Million people in America. About half are registered to vote, or 150 million. Of these registered voters, only half show up on election day, or about 75 Million. So, the Presidency is decided by about one-fourth of the U.S. population. Figure you need about half of these to win.

So - you need 40 Million votes to win the Presidency.

That first number I gave you - 47,400,125 - is the number of votes Bill Clinton got for his SECOND TERM in 1996. That's AFTER we already knew what kind of President he was & what his policies were. In short - THESE 47,400,125 PEOPLE PROBABLY WOULD VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN, IF THEY COULD.

IF THEY COULD...and that's where Hillary comes in. Do you seriously think those 47 Million people who voted Bill a second term, would NOT vote for Hillary? She's a sure deal, if she gets the nomination.

But - a black man, whose middle name is Hussein, who has traces of Muslim heritage?

We have 2 choices:

1. Running against a Democrat you can beat, or...

2. Running against a Democrat who's already GUARANTEED 47 Million votes, because they voted for her husband & loved him & thought he did a great job.

This makes you think about it differently. I know what I'd do.

She's up against the wall. She loses here, and she's done.

Take her down now...take _him_ down later.

But fail to kill her now...and she's as good as President, as sure as I'm sitting here.

2. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Buzzy, I think your right. You're mostly a jerk-off, An entertaining jerk-off, But still a jerk-off none the less.

You do make some interesting points to think about. What you talked about as far as voting goes happens more than you would think. I have done it myself in a few primaries to help get a beatable dweeb on the ballot.

Jim

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

It's our only chance, Jimbo. Many on our side have forgotten 1992 & 1996, and are still making the mistake of thinking Hillary is un-electable.

They're in for a surprise, if she gets this nomination and enters the Big Show.

There are a lot of liberal voters out there who wish Bill Clinton was STILL President, and Hillary is their dream come true.

4. dexterkid

dexterkid TS Member

Yeah, and someone once said that a draft dodger, hippie, war protester & womanizer couldn't win either.

Jack

5. crusha

crusha TS Member

Yep...those people were standing around wondering "what happened," as Bill rolled on to TWO terms in the White House, and moaning about how they "just didn't understand" this nation anymore.

And it _will_ happen again...if New Hampshire Independents don't stop Hillary in the next 72 hours by VOTING FOR OBAMA.

6. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

I had thought that all along, I was hoping for Obama to win their parties nomination too. Just because of what you are talking about.

He will be tough enough to beat because of all the black voters and Oprah's campaigning because women just love Oprah, but if Hitlery wins, she will still get the black vote and the womens vote, AND all the folks that still just LOVE Billy C.

God help us all.

John

7. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

BCNU, discount the black vote. 90% of it already goes to the Democrats, so it's of no consequence. Understand also, that Oprah doesn't carry a lot of weight in the voting arena. The women who matter in voting, aren't at home when Oprah is on.

Best,
    Dennis

8. smokerz

smokerz TS Member

You're whistling past the graveyard. Hillary. Obama, it makes no difference. No republican can win next november. Here are some numbers for you to consider.

Iowa is a fairly balanced state, about equal numbers of democrats and republicans. On Caucus night 120,000 Iowans went out on the Dem side, 80,000 on the repub.

New Hampshire is also a nearly balanced state. Watch the number of ballots cast Dem/Repub next Tuesday. It'll be the same story as Iowa.

Bush has sunk the Repub party for a generation. Pity the candidate who gets the Repub nomination; it'll be a wipe out.

9. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The best strategy for our gun rights is to support a Republican who is not a gun banner.

That pretty much leaves Huckabee, Thompson and Ron Paul.

A vote for Rudy, McCain or Romney is no different for your gun rights than a vote for Hillary, Edwards or Obama.

The worst thing Republicans can do is give the nomination to an ant-gunner. Because this will split the vote just like Perot split the vote. There are a lot of pro-gun conservatives who WILL vote third party rather than vote for an anti-gunner. I would strongly suggest this be kept in mind when you vote.

10. crusha

crusha TS Member

Smokerz,

Your observation is very intelligent, and right on.

However...I don't believe in being a fatalist, when there are still options on the table and bullets in our pocket.

The votes of NH Independents are indeed such bullets.

There is a strong headwind against the Republicans that will be hard/impossible to beat, because of the unpopularity of Bush's still-going war. However - if we get a Republican with no connection to the war - against a candidate with the middle name Hussein...my crystal ball won't rule it out, either.

11. crusha

crusha TS Member

Do yer duty, and send da beeotch to da showers...

12. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Just in case some of you guys don't realize it, Hillary couldn't be Anti-Gun..........She's been shootin blanks for many months now!

13. nyttym

nyttym TS Member

Some of the strategies here are interesting, but I feel it's too early in the campaign to try them. Don't overlook Oprah's influence with women, that's why Obama is where he is today.
    I think Hillary was looking for sympathy today with the tears. The woman thing, if all else fail, cry. Bet she'll play the race card at the Dem. convention, like 'he's not electible, but I am'.
    As for me, will vote Rep. as I've always done, this time for Romney. N.H. usually votes Rep. in the smaller towns, but the Manchester & Nashua areas always go Dem.
    If Thompson had any chance of election, I'd definitely look that way. The Huckster lost all my interest after he spoke in Iowa, after his win.
    Glad when it's over tomorrow, my phone has rung non stop, & I have 'do not call', call intercept, etc. & people at my door even in bad snow storms.
    Bob

14. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Did anyone see Hillary choking back tears today during an interview? What a phony bitch! She learned from Bill well....

15. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

smokerz the dems out number repubs about 2 to 1 in iowa last i knew.buzz it makes sense to me.go for it.jackmitch

16. crusha

crusha TS Member

Oh yes...the crying game...she was crying for America...get it, folks? It is going to be such a _terrible_ loss for us all, when Her precious hopes and dreams are not fulfilled...

...as usual - it's all about her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.