1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NH Moose Hunt begins Saturday

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by RickN, Oct 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Frank, take Fido along.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sKdTVlLFnNc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

HA HA HA HA HA. Boy did that moose put on the breaks. HA HA HA HA.

3. 5 Stand Dan

5 Stand Dan Active Member

World Record Moose with Bow

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YUHylIWl2YQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. locdoc

locdoc Member

Now THAT is up close and personal, isn't it..........

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

5. locdoc

locdoc Member

Good job boys. Savor every mouthful.

Doug

6. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

Congratulations!!!! They are fun to get out of the woods, aren't they? You're real lucky that you were able to get a tractor that close. It took me and my father 8 hours to get my bull out of the Vermont woods. Needless to say, we both slept late the next day.

I remember reading how an Alaskan trapper would get his moose back to camp. He used nothing but a packboard and a knife. He described how he would cut the moose into 9 different pieces and carry them all back to his cabin. Sounds cool but I'll bet the novelty would wear off fast, probably after the first big bull. He did write that he had a preference for what he called a "mulligan" (young bull like yours) for eating.

We were hunting in the Northeast Kingdom and all the locals were telling us if we got one to grind the whole thing into hamburg. In my case they were right, my bull was at least 10 years old, according to the biologist. Believe it or not, the hamburg is absolutely delicious and makes an awesome meatloaf.Even my tenderloin was tough. Either way, they are damn fine eating, even better then deer.

7. higun

higun Member

Frank,

Those are some of the all time greatest wildlife shots I have ever seen!

How did you manage to capture a New Hampshire moose and a Mexican ground squirrel both in the same frame?

Joe Hall

8. trapster100

trapster100 Member

Gee, Felipe can hit something!!

Nice swamp donkey.

Albie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.