1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NFL

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by reddottm1, Jul 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reddottm1

reddottm1 Member

If we all quit watching all these millionairs play football they would have to get a job at McDonnalds.

2. Jacob Guthrie

Jacob Guthrie Member

If parents acted like role models and quit letting pro sports players being role models more kids would get their educations and quit relying on sports to get them places. Football is on average I'd say 10 year career. The average male lives 70 years? I don't know for sure just throwing up so numbers.

3. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Looks like Sparta is getting a rest, no now it's time to dump on football players. What's next, basketball players, baseball players, skeet shooters? Is nothing sacred anymore??????

4. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I was hoping there wouldn't be a football season this year, now the parties went ahead and made an agreement.

I don't care about football one way or the other. I was just hoping to see what some of these clowns would do who usually spend their whole damn Sunday sitting in front of a tv watching football. Get out and shoot, take a walk, go hunting??? Guess we'll never know, cause they are going to have a season.

When our families get together over the holidays, my brother in law comes in the house and the first thing he does is turn on the tv and has to watch football.

5. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Bisi, I don't understand why you care how people spend their Sundays. Everybody has different likes and dislikes- some people prefer watching movies to football, some like football more than shooting, some walk in the mornings especially during hot weather. Surprisingly enough, some people would rather knit than shoot. Everybody doesn't hunt and, even if they did, hunting season doesn't last through the whole football season.

What about Saturdays, there is football then too. Is college football bad to watch too? I'm feeling guilty for liking to watch football- I must be one of those "clowns".

6. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Life is full of choices. If I choose to sit and watch Football or any other sport or do nothing and watch the grass grow it's really none of your business.

You folks who are always so judgmental of others really need a good mirror in your own houses.

7. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

So glad it's back!

8. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Jacob: A 10-year career in the NFL is exceptional. I believe the average is now less than 4 years.

-Gary

9. setool

setool Member

Personally, I LOVE spending my Sundays watching NFL. In fact, I relish in the thought of it.

To say us "Clowns", as you state, means we are a bunch of lazy slobs is, Sir, an idioic statement. My boys and their families are nearly ALWAYS over, and we spend the day together having a blast. Also, to insinuate anyone who "Wastes" our time at this is lazy, here is my normal week during the fall season:

A) From Oct 1st until mid January, I bowhunt at least 1/2 dozen times per week.
    B) Early Sunday mornings is Trap shoot BEFORE KICKOFF.
    C) Thursday evenings is also a normal Trap shoot.
    D) After I hang up the bow, it's either ice fishing or coyote hunting as I can.
    E) I also work Monday thru Friday at my own business built with so, so many
    hours I sacrificed as my kids were growing up.

So Bisi, Sir, have your opinion, but, sometimes it's better to be keep trap closed and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt.

Mark Schneider

10. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

Absolutely correct, the average is about 3.5 years according to Dungy... And most of those guys are making the league minimum, so good for those that stick out their college years and get a degree....

11. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Gee, guys did I touch a nerve? I didn't say you shouldn't be allowed to watch football on Sundays. I was just wondering what some were going to do on Sundays without their bread and circuses.

Who is John Galt? Did buzzy or Shelly get em a new handle? Nothing wrong with watching college football on Saturdays either. You still going watch Ohio State this year John? Hell I've even been known to watch Notre Dame.

My observations on the upcoming football season wasn't directed at you guys since you seem to be able to carry on a conversation on subjects other than what happens on the gridiron.

I know clowns you can name the 3rd string center for the Seatlle Seahawks, but can't name their 2 US Senators or their congressman, and these clowns vote. My comments were about those individuals. I was just wondering what they would do on Sundays if their manna from heaven wasn't delivered every Sunday in the fall.

My point is if there was no NFL the government would have to create something to keep the "dumb masses" entertained so they wouldn't follow what is really happening with the government.

"dumb masses" doesn't apply to most on this website. A few but not most.

12. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Who is John Galt? John Galt is a football fan who doesn't appreciate being called names because of it. Apparently I'm not the only one who feels that way- setool said it best with the word "idiotic". In fact, I'd say he told Bisi off rather well- no need for me to pile on. All doubt is removed.

13. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Mark said it all:

"So Bisi, Sir, have your opinion, but, sometimes it's better to be keep trap closed and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt."

14. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Mark said that? I thought he was paraphasing something from Abe Lincoln. Dam you learn something every night.

15. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

If it wasn't for the NFL the prisons would really be overcrowded!!

16. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

SirMissalot

Since you are paraphrazing something an NFL player said, I guess you don't have to put it in quotes.

17. SF SGM

SF SGM Member

Let's see, NFL players are employees... Now, imagine going to your boss and asking to see the books for the past 5 years because you want to see how much money he made.. Then, remember, they sign the back of their payroll checks, getting 47% of the profits of the company plus a paycheck.. Now, that is a sweet deal.. As far as the length they play and the amount that they play for, they know that when the sign that contract and are fully aware that all it takes is one hit and their careers are done but they have been playing with that since Pop Warner days..

NFL along with the NBA and MLB have long been overpaying their players but we, the fans, wind up paying those salaries with increased ticket price, parking, and all that goes with going to a game. Also, a lot of the NFL franchises hold their home cities hostage with new stadiums, increased percent of all that goes with the stadium and once again, we pay for it with our taxes...

Do I watch it, yes, but not a die hard fan at all.. Just something to do to kill a Sunday afternoon...

18. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

The Gang Bangers are back. Whatever, I only watch college anyway.

19. Jacob Guthrie

Jacob Guthrie Member

I was just throwing up a number for my example your estimate seems about right. After my football dreams ended in high school it was back to hitting the books hard.

20. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Rick,
    I honestly didn't know an NFL player said it or I surely would have given him all the credit he deserves! LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.