1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Next Year At The Grand we Need TO

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Aug 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

We Need to have a shoot Named after BILL AND LEE ANN MARTIN Event they earned it.

A Grand American Event Honoring BILL and LEE ANN MARTIN in up coming Grand Americans

How many of you TSers support this event.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. The Stive

The Stive Member

Great idea. They have earned it. John

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The ATA building should be named the Martin Center and a plaque installed at the entrance for some people who went far and above the call ... The Martins have donated over $500,000.00 to try and preserve the Grand American not to mention other things they have done at many other clubs in regard to presevation of the sport ... Appreciation, its a wonderfull thing ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. Cray

Cray Member

Mow The Weed's!!!! So we won't have any thing to complain about! Cray

5. Jim Bradbury

Jim Bradbury Member

The Martins have definately earn special reconition for their efforts. A building named after them, a plaque something. I am sure that there are others who have donated heavily to our sport as well. An event named after them why has this not already been done? They sure as hell earned it.I hope that some day I can make a trip to the Grand American. They are special people and deserve the reconition.

Jim Bradbury

6. trapbanker

trapbanker TS Member

other than they have given a fortune ...who are they

7. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

Good idea but will you even bother shooting this event or even showing up at the grand next year?

8. perazzi97

perazzi97 TS Member

@Trapbanker Other than giving a small fortune to the grand...they have put vernal utah on the map for trapshooting. They Donate Money to do funshoots trophies and renovations and upgrades...Also they have put countless actual man hours into vernal. Also they have helped out Tuscon...That is more than most of us can say we have done to help this sport.

9. Simon Engraving

Simon Engraving Active Member

hi i agree with wpt on this. these people went above and beyond for the love of trapshooting and promoting of it. i think the ata should put the internal politics aside and do this to honor the martins.this would show the ata members that there is still love in the hearts of the executive board. ps a vote would be nice.

10. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Trapbanker, if you're serious you should have a long serious talk with somebody who knows them. I do not but am aware of just a little of their generousity. They have made Tucson into a world class club, never mind what they have done in trying to help the ATA.

11. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

The Martins have been a great asset to Trapshooting.

We should never forget Bill and Ruthie Hunter. Their wonderful (And costly)awards that were spread all over the United States for so many years, have been cherished by those who won them.

Dave

12. jptrapshooter

jptrapshooter Member

I agree that the Martins have been quite generous and deserve some recognition, but I'm not sure any of the currently offered ideas set well with me. All GA events have sponsors. Should we forgo the annual money received from those corporations as a "thank you" for the money the Martins have already given? I'm sure if they wanted or could have an event(s) named after them, it would have already been done.

Any buildings on the WSRC property are owned by the IDNR, right? They own the naming rights, and I doubt they would give that to us. It might work for the ATA offices which are off site.

I believe the Martins deserve recognition, and I believe they will get it. Think Trapshooting HOF, for which there is a contributor category. Those who enter as competitors must have at least 20 years under their belts. There is no specified time for contributors. I believe the Martins have already secured their spot as contributors. I can't speak for anyone else, but I'd rather be in the HOF than have buildings/events named after me.

13. Donm

Donm Active Member

Jptrap. You are correct about the buildings.

14. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Good idea Longtooter, but where do you get the "we". Where were you at the Grand?????

15. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I am ALWAYS in favor of recognizing people who contribute to the sport. I have faith that the ATA will recognize the Martins in an appropriate way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.