1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Newtown CT Shooting - Victims Fund

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ysr_racer, Dec 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

If anyone would like to help out the families of the victims, the Newtown Rotary Club has established a charitable fund. For more information go to

http://www.newtownctrotary.org/

Or send gifts to

Newtown Rotary Sandy Hook School Fund
    PO Box 263
    Newtown, CT 06482

This has nothing to do with politics, gun control or religion. It's about helping families as they begin a very long and difficult healing.

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Thanks for bringing this fund too my attention. It would be a nice gesture if T.S. folks could make a small donation.. Dave

3. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

BEWARE ONTV FOX AND CNN SCAMS FOR COLLECTING MONEY DONT SEND UNLESS YOUR POSITIVE

4. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

5. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I'm a believer in charity for those in need but I don't understand this one. Were these folks needy? If they are then it's great but if their just average folks, what's money going to do for them? They're going to need council, prayers and lot's of family support and love.

6. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Barry seems spot on to me, what would the money be used for unless it is to pay for counseling.

7. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

I donated to the fund, twice, because there's really nothing else I can do to show my sympathy and support.

One of my grandkids is the same age as some of the victims. Last Sunday (two days after the shooting) my wife and I went to their church because Santa was there, and the kids were getting their pictures taken with him.

When we got there, I guess I hugged the oldest one a little too long, and he said "grandpa". Normally I would have let him go, but not that day, not that day.

8. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

I sent them a card.... Then I gave my son a membership to the NRA.

Jerbear

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.