1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Newt or Mitt

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by WS-1, Nov 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

If they were the last two standing and you could go to the polls tomorrow, which one would you choose?

2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Hmmm... I guess I'd lean toward the one that doesn't absolutely guarantee another 4 years of Obama hell.

-Gary

gw22_2008_030339.jpg

3. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

If they were the last two standing and you could go to the polls tomorrow, which one would you choose?

4. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Hmmm... I guess I'd lean toward the one that doesn't absolutely guarantee another 4 years of Obama hell.

-Gary

gw22_2008_030339.jpg

5. Bill Stern

Bill Stern Member

Unfortunately, the picture in the reply above mine is all too true. The Republicans need to find a middle-of-the-road candidate that has wider appeal than the Republican hopefuls do now in order to win in November.

6. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

I'd rather vote for Newt but I could live with either.

John C. Saubak

7. Bird30

Bird30 TS Member

Newt, for sure it wouldn't be Mitt as I don't agree with him. I don't like politicans that can't take a stand and stay with it. The new poll by Rasmussan says Obama leads Mitt by 6 points. We sure don't need another 4 years of this.

Dave

8. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

The end is near. HMB

9. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Whoever has the best chance of beating OBama, If Obama did this much damage when he's running for reelection--imagine him as a 4 yr lame duck.

Phil Berkowitz

10. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Look, you're voting for Romney or you're helping Obama get re-elected -- it's that simple.

And remember... if you're dumb enough to snub Romney because he's not strong enough on 2nd Ammendment rights, then you're essentially voting for several new Supreme Court Justices who will ACTUALLY threaten your gun rights.

Romney's wishy-washy stance on gun rights is a PERCEIVED threat. The SCOTUS is a REAL threat -- as real as any threat your gun rights will ever face.

Use your brain -- hold your nose and eat the Mitt Sandwich. Our country will survive a RINO like Mitt. It could actually collapse under 4 more years of Obama. At the very least, we'll be a European style Nanny State by the end of his second term. Use your brain.

-Gary
    gw22_2008_030371.jpg

11. mthiwal

mthiwal TS Member

I have never seen a politician who has NEVER change his position on anything. Mitt has a quality that allows him to listen and learn. Flexibility is a good thing. I do like Newt also, always did but I am a bit worried that he has a lot of baggage and has a propensity to put his foot in his mouth. I would vote for either one. Mark

12. oz

oz Active Member

I would vote for pee wee herman before obama. oz

13. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Yeah, Oz -- we all would. But PeeWee Herman can't beat Obama and his $70-Million war chest and in-the-tank media. Neither can Newt, or Cain, or Paul, or Perry or any of the other lightweights the Republican Party is dorking around with. So it doesn't matter who WE as gun owners and conservatives would vote for. What matters is who the broader population and independents would vote for.

That's the part people fail to grasp -- it's not about us. If it was about us, we wouldn't have a community organizer running the country right now.

-Gary

14. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Was impressed how Newt ran the house when speaker. He knows how to twist arms...

15. jwells

jwells Member

is anyone here from utah? i think huntsman gets good nra points. wonder how he is otherwise?

16. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

ROMNEY: The actions that I will take will be actions recommended and supported by Israeli leaders. I don’t seek to take actions independent of what our allies think is best, and if Israel’s leaders thought that a move of that nature would be helpful to their efforts, then that’s something I’ll be inclined to do. But again, that’s a decision which I would look to the Israeli leadership to help guide. I don’t think America should play the role of the leader of the peace process, instead we should stand by our ally. Again, my inclination is to follow the guidance of our ally Israel, as to where our facilities and embassies would exist

Let me guess who's drivin the bus?

I am shocked about the degree to which Mr. Romney offers to abdicate the power and authority of the office of the President to a foreign Government.

17. frostyman

frostyman Well-Known Member

Newt is probably the smartest but probably not the best salesman. People are going to elect a salesman. Just hope that is not Obama.

18. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

If I'm voting today...I'm voting for NEWT. I believe his rise in the polls is the result of people beginning to recognize that he's the one person running with a record of accomplishments in Washington. People are beginning to understand that our country is in real trouble. They are starting to understand that an "empty suit" from Chicago with a flashy campaign...even with a corrupt media and crooked Union support isn't gonna save us. Newt provides direct straight answers that haven't been vetted through focus groups and opinion polls.
    In the general election Nov. 2012, I'm voting for whomever is running against Obama.

19. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Newt, but Mitt or any Repub would be a thousand times better than Ojackass.

I don't think the country can survive another Obama term. Our 401Ks, IRAs, are beggin us to do everything possible to see that Obama doesn't get a 2nd term. If we are to count on our IRAs to support us in retirement they are asking us to support the Republican whom is the nominee. Now is not the time for a 3rd party candiadate.

I've voted Libertarian before and will probably do so again to send a message, but not in 2012.

20. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Again, it doesn't matter who WE think would be better than Obama or which preposterous candidate WE would be willing to vote for to illustrate our discontent.

What matters - the ONLY thing that matters - is which Republican can win independents and other swing voters in the general election. Of all the current Republican candidates the only one with more than a 5% chance of beating Obama is Romney. So again, we can flap our gums all we want, but at the end of the day we will either vote for Romney or we will help guarantee Obamas re-election. That was true six months ago when I first said it, and it will be true in 11 months when you cast your vote.

Get used to the idea of Romney, sickening or not, because come next November that's the only choice our crooked and inept Republican Party will have given us.

-Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.