1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Newt is in!

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Luckyman, May 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

It's official!!! Newt is in!! Regardless if he is nominated or not no-one can frame an arguement better and speak more intelligently. I look forward to the wisdom he will impart in the upcoming debates...He is a Historian that understands cause and effect of policy like no other!

2. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Can't wait to see him in the debates,,,,especially if he gets to take on hussein....

3. Straight99

Straight99 Member

Newt has to much baggage. Same for Mitt. Can't we have someone with a normal first name. There are so many good Republicans out there, can't we have one of those. I do not want another McCain.

4. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Oh my, the character assassinaters will come out now. This is going to be fun to watch.

5. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

Isn't it funny how liberals are only concerned about the character of the Republican candidate but when it comes to people the actually vote for character means nothing! Just look at Obama..They all turn the other cheek on Rev Wright, Bill Ayers, ACORN, and and and....He can only be described as a BAD JOKE ON AMERICA!

6. sliverbulletexpress

If baggage counts how do you account for Clinton? Both of them?

7. sliverbulletexpress

And to add just what is Newt's baggage exactly?

8. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

Remember Silver Bullet....Liberals aren't concerned about liars and cheaters that is what makes them liberals....Look at who they elect....

It's all a byproduct of their disease!

9. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

SBE, couple divorces and other personal problems. I do like him though. He is well versed. Bulge.

10. DJM

DJM Member

We need a candidate to beat Obama, and simply do not have one. Time is running out. Unless we find one that can garner votes from the mushy middle of the electorate it will be four more years.

11. Straight99

Straight99 Member

Right on WI. This is what I am talking about.

12. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Luckyman:

You asked, "Isn't it funny..." The answer is 'no'.

It's like this: liberals don't judge or disqualify candidates on the basis of immoral or unethical behavior. Thieves, perverts, and other low lifes are welcome. Likewise, lib dem incumbents 'caught in the act' are warmly embraced and vigorously defended by the party.

OTOH, republicans (conservatives in particular) hold candidates and incumbents to much higher standards. Overt criminal behavior and any of the various forms of moral turpitude will get you dumped. Marital infidelity and sexual misadventures are also part of the list.

Liberals are only interested in the moral fibre and personal ethics of Republicans to the extent those issues can be used as a club against the GOP.

sissy

13. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

That was the best description of what they are all about that I have ever read!!!

Very well done!

14. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Newt ain't gonna cut it!

He's a has been from another era.

Truth is, we conservatives really have no strong candidate for the '12 Prez Election!

Curt

15. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

If I am not mistaken, Newt was cheating on his then wife, while he was in charge of the investigation of sexual misconduct, of then President Clinton. That will go over good with the ultra conservative church people. He has less chance than Sarah, and Sarah has no chance. Get off that ship, or you are going to be complaining for another four years! Paul Ryan is the only up and coming person with the momentum, and the lack of baggage that I can see, that has a very good chance of winning the Presidency, regardless of who his running mate would be. Now he just needs to get in the race.

16. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

silverB,

Here's how you account for all liberals.

Kip

17. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

I've been a Gingrich fan since the early 90's. I regularly watched him and Rep. Bob Walker (R), Pennsylvania, in the well of the House ripping on the disfunctional and corrupt lib dem Imperial Congress. Their leadership was in no small measure responsible for the 1994 Republican revolution. 'Neutron Newt' was a well earned and accurate nickname.

Gingrich stands with such conservative titans as President Reagan and William F. Buckley. He was kicking major liberal butt when Ryan was still running around in short pants. Far from a relic of the past, Gingrich's views are as fresh and valid today as ever.

He's all brains and politically speaking, all class. That means he won't appeal to dullards and slackers. That eliminates roughly half the electorate.
    He'd make a terrific candidate but he won't get the nomination.

Obummer's toadies bubble endlessly about his 'smarts'. Maybe, but Newt would eat him alive. In a one on one debate, Newt would make Obummer squeal like a school girl. We'll never see it. Even if Gingrich is nominated, Obummer's handlers will NEVER allow him to face Gingrich toe to toe.

As much as it pains me to say so, I don't think Gringrich is electable.

sissy

18. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

You have no idea how painful it is for me to say this, but, at this time I see the most likely pair as: Herman Cain and Paul Ryan. Cain for his good sense, and appeal to minorities (be that what it may) and Ryan for the ladies.

If we are going to be successful in kicking The Zero out, it will be by appealing to the fringe (and newly dead) voters.

Meanwhile, we keep the Donald on the attack, on every issue and liberal lie, from now til Hell freezes over!

Kip

19. tinylo

tinylo TS Member

unelectable

20. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

With enough campaign funding anyone can win, "see Obama." Republicans need to vet candidates more on proven ability's and less on moral turpitude, "i.e. Democrats." Give Newt the backing and a big enough shovel and he will bury Obama. Our biggest obstacle is combating the shovels wielded by the liberal media. It doesn't matter how upstanding the republican candidate is, the Chicago politicians and their media cronies will smear excrement from the bottom of Lake Michigan on him if necessary.

Robert

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.