1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

== Newt In A Nutshell ==

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by GW22, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Gingrich talks a great game. Obviously. So does Obama, in many people's minds. And we see where that got us.

Here's an excellent, thoughtful article capturing the whole situation we're facing right now and it provides a thinking person's view on how Gingrich fits into it.

Get excited about Newt if you want, but at least understand who he really is and how he's likely to perform in a nationwide presidential election. And remember that the next president will choose multiple Supreme Court justices who will deeply affect the America our grandchildren come to know. Think about those justices being chosen by Barack Obama.

-Gary

2. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

Newt has been rumored to have "more baggage than a 747". When it comes to the"nut-cuttin", Newty cannot beat obummer and the Repub's seem to have become dysfunctional...JMHO.........m

3. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Thunder, you asked "who the hell cares..."

We should ALL care because the person the Republican Party nominates determines the likelihood of Obama getting re-elected. It's critical that everyone understand that. People may think "anybody but Obama" but they need to understand the mechanisms by which he can get another four years. He'll probably get re-elected thanks to the dumbed-down state of the electorate but, for God's sake, let's not help him.

-Gary

4. crusha

crusha TS Member

Obama getting re-elected is not the end of the world. It sucks...but it's not the end.

Grow up.

5. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Buzz-gun: No, but it might be the beginning of the end for America as we know it. The concept of a Tipping Point is real, and we are approaching it both financially and culturally.

Thunder: OK, then you better hope the Republican Party doesn't nominate Gingrich. He might annihilate Obama in the debates and be very entertaining to watch but he will undoubtedly get crushed in a nationwide election.

-Gary

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The person whose policies could save the country is Ron Paul.

Before you all start yapping, remind yourself of the horrendous debt we have and how it is crippling the country. There are vast government agencies that are harming, not helping that which they were created for.

One such is the department of Education. Since its founding the main accomplishment has bee to lower the reading level of our high school graduates, to inflate college tuition to unbearable heights, and to siphon off money from the states, sending bac a meager pittance.

Another is the Department of Commerce.

The Department of Commerce is home to important institutions such as the Census Bureau and Patent and Trademark Office. It is also filled with unneeded programs that subsidize businesses and fund local development projects. The Department also administers misguided foreign trade policies that try to boost exports and restrict imports. (at a cost of 100 dollars per household)

They employ 43,000 individuals, at a cost of 12 billion a year. THey operate 96 different subsidy programs. /they shoud be cut to about 20 per cent of their present size.

And then we have HUD. Bless them, they are now in charge of housing activities that formerly were done by local governments and by the private sector. They will spend about $61 billion in 2011, or about $520 for every U.S. household. It employs 9,700 workers and operates 118 different subsidy programs

The list goes on and on.

Of course Paul has as much chance as a snowball in Hell, and he is also utterly devoid of a meaningful foreign policy.

I think a Republican win is vital, but I fear kicking the can down the road to our grandchildren will be the order of the day.

As a nation, we trusted our leaders. They rewarded us with a political class of dukes and earls and barons, all whom leave office far richer than when they began, and they made us into a second rate country to boot.

Get Ready.

HM

7. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

The Republican party is very disappointing. Piss poor management by the RNC. The Tea Party would do a better job of picking a candidate.

8. GW22

GW22 Active Member

It amazes me that people smart enough to grasp that "Paul has as much chance as a snowball in Hell" still continue to post useless nonsense favoring him.

This is the 4th consecutive decade during which Ron Paul has "run for President." He's never drawn flies and now he's a hundred years old and half senile. Why keep polluting the dialogue with this mindlessness?

-Gary

9. crusha

crusha TS Member

Romney couldn't even beat John McCain in a primary - and we keep wasting electrons on him?

"It's my turn this time" isn't going to win many people over.

Obama is getting re-elected. Deal with it.

10. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Romney is Obama-Lite. He's the brains behind the prototype for ObamaCare. He's a tax and spend liberal. And he's a gun banner. He's actually banned more guns than Obama.

No thanks. I've vote Libertarian before voting for Romney.

And others aren't enamored with Romney either. He's falls well behind Newt in the Iowa polls.

Don't let liberal GW-22 try to get you to vote so that the Dems get a liberal in office one way or another. Pick someone better in the primary.

11. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Newt's baggage is already well known.

12. Brian in Oregon

My litmus test is the Second Amendment. Romney fails it.

I suggest picking someone who is not an anti-gunner for the nomination.

And I'm not the only gunowner who refuses to reward gun banners. Nominate Romney and Obama will get in. You can be just like GW-22 and drive that car over a cliff.

13. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Speaking of nuts, Mrs. Keet has been conspicuously absent lately. Sometimes her nutty ramblings are a good break from the Romney butt licker.

14. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

With all due respect, you guys all sound like a bunch of political science majors...who flunked their final exams.

You win a national election by capturing important states. Ohio, Pennsy, Florida, maybe Va., maybe N.C., and a couple of others.

People change their minds. So freakin' what? Most of you aren't married to the girl you promised to love, honor, and cherish, 'til death yada, yada, yada.

The idea is to stop acting like a bunch of pussyfied losers and start acting like capable adults with a little spine.

There is one goal and one goal only----BEAT OBAMA. Wise up! Not any one of you Swinging Richards has a clue who the best GOP candidate is. SUPPORT THE PARTY----LET THE ELECTORATE MAKE THE DECISION. PROMOTE CONSERVATISM BY CONTRIBUTING MORE MONEY AND LESS MOUTH.

Warmest regards,
    Kit

15. Brian in Oregon

I'm sorry if your political convictions are for sale. Mine aren't.

I will not support gun banners.

The Republicans have had the last 40 years to fix this. If they still have not figured out that they are crapping on their friends, then they deserve to lose.

16. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

So let's see, the Reps. have a woman, saying off the wall statements, and dropped from a hero saving the world in the polls faster than a two foot putt (Bachmann),a womanizer, a person that basically is going to go where the money is, no matter the cause(Newt), a second womanizer if he was still in (Cain), one who is off the wall, and hasn't won a nomination since he started trying god knows when (Paul), one who has no idea if he is coming or going, or where he has been (Perry), one who is of a different faith than 99 percent of the religious right he will represent, and is way to moderate, or almost of Democratic leanings, and is on his second run at the nomination (Romney), and the rest, the people in general, do not even know there names, or where they came from.

So, let me ask you this. What do you think there chances are that the Republicans will win this Presidency?

Which one do you think has the best chance at winning?

So who out of these people mentioned do you think has the best chance of winning over the independent vote, and I think even some possible moderate Democratic voters?

You all have to change your main focus of wishing and hoping to get Obama out of office. It has to happen! It needs to happen! That will not do it. You have to start focusing on who will be electable to all people in this country that are not nessecarily as far right as to be almost hating radical. In this election you are not going to get the perfect far right candidate, because none of them really exist, or really have no chance of being elected.

I think that the true "Conservatives" and good clean moral behaving candidates (Paul Ryan) for an example, are waiting for the election where they will not be running against an incumbent President. Always a tough feat. JMO.

Also think of this. The majority of the general public is not happy with congress, so there will be contentions in almost all positions. There are plenty of possiblilities. Just saying. Jon

17. Brian in Oregon

I'll vote for any Republican EXCEPT a gun banner.

It's just that simple.

18. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Very nice, Kit.

VERY nice.

It's really not all that hard to understand, is it?

-Gary

19. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The basic truth is that Obama has to go if we want to have a country.

All this entertainment we see about the upcoming elections is smoke.

It's very simple. You have to hold your nose and vote for whoever the creeps in charge put up.

Your individual contribution will have to be at the Congressional level.

I have an oportunity to support a political hack or a true conservative in my state. NO problem deciding that one.

Brian, please do not help Obama. Abstention will do just that, 2nd amendment issues are a continuing fight.

HM

20. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

John Huntsman is your best and most qualified Republican candidate.

blade819

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.