1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Newt - Herman Cain debate

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Bisi, Nov 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Last night I was flipping through the cable channels and came upon a debate between Herman and Newt in Texas. I just caught the last half hour or so, but Wow!! Either of these guys would be a hundred times better than the clown in the White House now.

I know Newt and Herman have said they are going to have a series of "Lincoln/Douglas" type debates over the next few months. I don't know if this was one but it was fantastic. They both had time to talk about the issues. None of this 30 second time frame answer like most so called tv debates are now.

Herman was great, but I don't know if I would do anymore if I was him with Newt. Only because Newt is just so damn impressive. Newt really has ideas and thoughts on almost every subject.

Ojackass won't have a chance against either of those guys in a real debate. The media is on Obama's side and will limit discussions to 30 second talking points and have gotcha questions for the Republican nominee.

The election is only a year away. God I wish it was Nov, 2012 now. I can't wait to vote.

2. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Do you know who aired it or have a link? thanks

3. fortycaliberglock

fortycaliberglock Member

I think Newt was spot-on when he tore into a previous moderator about holding a debate to get all the Republicans bickering. Why should our candidates keep playing from the liberal media's playbook? There is no requirement to do things as they have been done in the past. I would like to see less of the current, dreary debate format and more of the Lincoln/Douglas, Gingrich/Cain style. Few topics, in-depth discussion, policy focused. I don't think Newt will ever be elected president (too much baggage, Mrs. Gingrich being the heaviest bag),but he is an ideas machine and this is one excellent idea!

4. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Dream ticket:

Gingrich/Cain or Cain/Gingrich

Current crap and all the czars have to go period.

5. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Newt is brilliant I believe, but he is also an old politician. Maybe he and Cain could hook up with Newt as pres. Maybe it will become apparent in the near future. I hope so as I would go for it in a minute.

6. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

If one were to engage in a war of wits with Newt, one would soon find himself to be unarmed!

Of all the candidates, Newt is the one most qualified to lead the country. If not for his past personal issues I believe he would be the frontrunner today.

7. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

bigdogtx, wish I knew who aired it, but I don't. I was just channel surfing and came upon it.

Newt and Herman are suppose to have a series of these style debates coming up, just don't know when.

8. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

I think it was broadcast on C-Span. Here is a link for those wishing to watch it....or listen while your helping your wife with the ironng.

http://www.therightscoop.com/8pm-watch-live-herman-cain-debate-newt-gingrich/

9. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Newt is really good, too bad that your past only counts if your a conservative

But with the right "marketing" a lot of the past seems to go away

10. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Newt, I forgive you.

Let he who has not sinned throw the first stone.

11. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

The "Kingfish and Andy (lightened up)."

12. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

Personally, at this point in the game of politics, I would like a Conservative, rough and tumble, tough, SOB for my President. Tired of political double speak and political correctness. Go for the throat with my vote.

Know anyone that might fit the bill?

13. rpeerless

Rick, you haven't heard the half of it, talk about insensitive, this Nation, Our Great Nation is being 'tortured' by inactivity, lack of work, lack of play, lack of leadership. The 'torment' that people are feeling is despicable from an administration that wanted to abolish torture. People are being tortured by not being able to pay their mortgages and pay their bills or move forward.
    Every time I read the news or open my email, torture and more torment. Torment in fact that our Constitution is being thrown under the bus and the news in general is bad. Torture in knowing that our country is being lead by people who really don't care about the American people or their ideals. Ironic isn't it?

We as a Nation need a tough SOB who can clean this mess up and get things going in a positive direction as well as keep this Nation safe from Her enemies.

We don't need a wordy mamby pamby who's afraid to think outside of the box. Or one who delivers a speech about... what did he say?

I like Cain and Newt or Newt and Cain. Things are going to get tougher before they get better and we need good solid unshakeable leadership.

14. rpeerless

Rick read the news bloggers. Our troubles go beyond the economy... think about who we need to lead this Great Nation. We need a Leader, a Commander (and a damn good one) and a Protector. We don't need an inciter, a ruler and an ostrich. The first ones to squeal and run in an emergency would be the spoiled elite puffy progressives in this Country.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.