1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

News Reporting or Editorials

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Bruce Specht, Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Have you found a news source that just delivers the news? No matter what side of an issue you may be on it's next to impossible, at least in the Chicago market to find a "news source" that doesn't editorialize on every story. The newspaper, radio, televison, or magaziens. Might as well subscribe to the Inquierer! Who owns and skews all the media, from newspapers to movies? I have my idea but I'd like to hear others?

2. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Back in the days when I was the news editor at my hometown, weekly, newspaper, it was always hard to separate fact from opinion. My rule was if I didn't have a fact/source to back up what I was writing, it belonged on the editorial page, not the news pages. Too bad not everyone lives by this rule.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.