1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

News from Cardinal Center

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Zoltan, Jul 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zoltan

Zoltan Member

Cardinal Center will be increasing their available traps for shooters by 15% for the 2009 shooting year. Due to increased attendance and participation by shooters this premier shooting facility will be able to run 11 banks of 4 traps.

If you are able to attend the Cardinal Classic in August you can see where the new traps will be installed on the west end of the existing trap line.

Thanks

Roger Edgington

2. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Rodger ... congratulations on the expansion and on the plans for an international trap range as well. You are a positive force in our shooting sports and need all the support and positive thoughts that can be sent your way.

3. jonese

jonese TS Member

Forget Sparta! I'll be spending my summertime at The Cardinal.

4. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Whats a Sparta ??

5. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Sparta? Do you possibly mean Spartan the new and fantastic shotgun line from Remington?

6. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

This is great news for the Center.

But

I would think that if they truly wanted to have a maximized attendance a different week would have been chosen out of respect of the Grand American. But then again a business decision has been made and I am sure the owners will make a mint!

Ronbo

7. Michael Jobe

Michael Jobe TS Member

Week after the Grand is the PERFECT time to hold the Cardinal Classic. You have a lot of eastern shooters that aren't going to the Grand, and there isn't anything going on around here that time of year. And for the eastern shooters that do go to the Grand, they can stop at the Cardinal on their way home and kill two birds with one stone.

Where's the international trap (boy I'm glad they are putting that in) going to be? I thought it was going to be on the west end of the current banks.

~Michael

8. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Ron - you must remember that if they have it any later it might be interfering with families who would like to attend and the beginning of school years for the kids.

It would be very interesting to see some solid attendance numbers of each event with the size of each location taken into account so the numbers could be compared equally.

I think it might open allot of peoples eyes as to exactly where the masses might go ... either Sparta or Cardinal ... who knows until an honest number comparison could be made.

9. Zoltan

Zoltan Member

Slick13

The international trap is being installed just a few yards east of the Central Entry Building. If I can get some up to date pictures from Cardinal in the next day or so I will post for viewing purposes.

Thanks

Roger Edgington

10. JimE

JimE Member

Bill from Promatic finished the installation of the traps today. Great guy, great service, great traps! We've got a couple of loose ends to tie up with Cardinal center to finish it up. I've been talking with Aden to have it running during the Cardinal Classic. Unfortunately, the Classic runs right about the same time as the Junior Olympics and much of the Buckeye International staff will be focusing on the JOs. Even so, I'm very confident that it will be operating Wednesday through Saturday of the Classic. Come by and try the Bunker and get some information on Buckeye International. Special thanks to the Fishburns and the staff at Cardinal for their unending support. Thanks also to the Timken Foundation for the grant that allowed Buckeye International Junior Shooting Sports, Inc to buy the traps and computer!

Jim Eyster

11. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

good for you, and great for us. Now, when does the sporting clays course construction start? More cabins? More camping sites?

12. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Trying to "stir the pot" there rev? Don't bother. Go to Sparta if it's closer to you. I would too.

13. Michael Jobe

Michael Jobe TS Member

That's great to hear the bunker will be ready by the Classic. On Thursday while I've got time to kill between the handicap events, I hope to be able to give international a try! Will they have international loads available, or should I load up some on my own?

~Michael

14. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

And 137 miles to the North, in Mason, Michigan, sit 44 traps that don't attract near the interest... Why???

15. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Why because the Grand was never in Michigan.

Don

16. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

22 banks of 2 traps is alot more efficent.........

GS

17. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

This will bring the total to 46 traps? 44 program and 2 practice?

18. atashooter

atashooter Member

HooRay for Cardinal !!

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.