1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

News Flash: Shooting is and Expensive Hobbie!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ronbo142, Feb 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

News Flash: Shooting is an Expensive Hobbie!

All

I have found that I can no longer shoot as much as I did in the past, my other interestes and the shear cost of ammo and targets is starting to have a impact. But I promiss never to complain about he cost.

Ronbo

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

you know, the thing that really ticks me off about the cost of shooting is when I go to the club, and I hear all the guys that shoot 1-2 rounds a week bitching about the cost of reloading supplies, while i'm shooting @ least 10k targets a year, and I just suck it up.

3. Landshark

Landshark Member

I can still shoot every week and twice a wek in the summer because I quit shooting registered skeet. I cheer on my rich friends who still follow the circuit and shoot the minimums, but I like to hunt and fish with my family so something had to go. IMHO, if you want it bad enough, you'll find the $$.

Just sayin'

4. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Skeeter -

Everything is relative. Good for you that you can knock out 20 rounds a week, but don't be so petty that you can't empathize and jab the guys who might be on a fixed income or may have a couple kids and tuition to knock out each semester.

Jay

5. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Now that you are playing with horses you will find out what expensive means. Jeff

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

skeet_man: WOW! You really have a lot of money. You must be an important man. Can I be like you?

7. Ron Burdick

Ron Burdick Active Member

skeet-man, you sure opened the door for someone. Good luck!!!!

Ron Burdick

8. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

I think you will see a decrease in the sport.

In the past I shot a lot of the big shoots.

Next year with the price of gas etc. it will be much less.

Bo

9. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Yes I have expensive hobbies:

Guns<br>
    Horses<br>
    Hounds<br>
    Fishing<br>

Glad I gave up chasing women when I finally caught one!

:p

Ronbo

10. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Shooting is cheaper than driving drunk and safer too.
    I don't care how much it cost... I have fun watching my kids shoot and enjoy shooting with them.

Jerbear

11. skeet_man

don't have alot of money, but better than half of my income goes toward shooting (while I was working, grossing about 19k a year in a dead end job, i'm back in school right now going for an associates in machining so I can continue to shoot when real life finally hits me LOL), I think, sleep, eat, breath, and dream shooting. I have pretty much dedicated my life to competitive skeet shooting, and made sacrifices to be able to do that.

Surely I can empathize, the increased cost of shooting affects us all, just don't expect me to feel sorry for someone who whines weekly about the price of shooting going up 10%, when that amounts to about 50 bucks over the course of a year for them, but a few hundred dollars for me.

12. spitter

Skeeter -

so... what you're saying is you must've been living at home on mom and dad's dime, to be able to spend that dough. Wow!

Maybe, when you've taken on some real responsibility, then you can criticize real men and women who work, keeping a roof over head, putting food on the table, taking care of their business. If you could empathize, you wouldn't continue to whine and bad mouth others regardless of the dollars involved - makes you sound like a spoiled brat.

13. spitter

Skeeter -

Everything is relative. Good for you that you can knock out 20 rounds a week, but don't be so petty that you can't empathize and jab the guys who might be on a fixed income or may have a couple kids and tuition to knock out each semester.

Jay

14. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Now that you are playing with horses you will find out what expensive means. Jeff

15. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

skeet_man: WOW! You really have a lot of money. You must be an important man. Can I be like you?

16. Ron Burdick

Ron Burdick Active Member

skeet-man, you sure opened the door for someone. Good luck!!!!

Ron Burdick

17. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

I think you will see a decrease in the sport.

In the past I shot a lot of the big shoots.

Next year with the price of gas etc. it will be much less.

Bo

18. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Yes I have expensive hobbies:

Guns<br>
    Horses<br>
    Hounds<br>
    Fishing<br>

Glad I gave up chasing women when I finally caught one!

:p

Ronbo

19. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Shooting is cheaper than driving drunk and safer too.
    I don't care how much it cost... I have fun watching my kids shoot and enjoy shooting with them.

Jerbear

20. skeet_man

don't have alot of money, but better than half of my income goes toward shooting (while I was working, grossing about 19k a year in a dead end job, i'm back in school right now going for an associates in machining so I can continue to shoot when real life finally hits me LOL), I think, sleep, eat, breath, and dream shooting. I have pretty much dedicated my life to competitive skeet shooting, and made sacrifices to be able to do that.

Surely I can empathize, the increased cost of shooting affects us all, just don't expect me to feel sorry for someone who whines weekly about the price of shooting going up 10%, when that amounts to about 50 bucks over the course of a year for them, but a few hundred dollars for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.