1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

News Blackout Over Crippled Nebraska Nuke Plant

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Jerbear, Jun 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

US Orders News Blackout Over Crippled Nebraska Nuclear Plant

Report notes the “cover-up” of this nuclear disaster by President Obama is based on his “fantasy” of creating so-called green jobs which he (strangely) includes nuclear power into.

(MOSCOW ) - Editor's note: I am about to approve a comment on this story that claims it is a hoax, in fact it is not a hoax, it possibly may not be entirely accurate, but this piece has been carried by many agencies already. There are so-called 'Citizen Journalism' sites that sometimes strike it with groundbreaking news, so the fact that they allow people to post their own stories means they need disclaimers, unlike Salem-News.com which is staffed by working news editors and other personnel

Now the fact that it is on Wikipedia does not make it true, but I think if that information were blatantly false, the nuclear plant's publicists would have instantly stripped from the pages of the world's online public encyclopedia.

No matter what, they built this nuclear power plant in the flood plain of the Missouri River, for God's sake! It reminds us that there are questions over whether nuclear power developers have souls and they don't even bother making these places on safe high ground.

Located about 20 minutes outside downtown Omaha, the largest city in Nebraska, the Fort Calhoun Nuclear Plant is owned by Omaha Public Power District (OPPD) who on their website denies their plant is at a “Level 4” emergency by stating: “This terminology is not accurate, and is not how emergencies at nuclear power plants are classified.”

Read on from the above site.

Hope everyone is OK in Omaha.

Jerbear

2. MIke W.

MIke W. TS Member

A nother reason you shouldn't believe everything you read on the internet....

3. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Smells like a whole lot of bullshit to me!! Anyone that believes this is probably a skeet shooting obama voter.

Jim

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

BS-

Dont people feel stupid when they read this stuff and believe it?

Regards from Iowa

Gene

5. xsshooter

xsshooter Member

the plant was in cold shut down before the flood and will remain that way until the flood is over.

all is fine. the plant is 20 miles from my house and I'm not worried.

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Just drove by there yesterday. Quiet as a small club trap shoot.

HM

7. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Don't feel stupid at all Gene. Why wasn't this even mentioned on TV. No media covered it. Why is that? Did your beloved king Obama shut the news down? It's no secret that they are in the tank for him.

Just sayin...

Jerbear

8. kbud

kbud Member

Actually it was talked about in Des Moines on Friday night local news broadcast.
    I would imagine if we got it, Omaha got it.

9. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Not a mention in the above site or on national news.

But hey, it's doesn't effect me unless a nuke cloud comes over my area.

Jerbear

10. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The plant is surrounded by flood waters. The floodwaters are currently at 900 feet and the plant is at 903 feet. A ""notification of unusual event"" has to be issued when flood waters reach 899 feet, and that has been done.

As long as the spent fuel rod pool does not wind up with river water flooding into it, there should be no problem.

As for the plant being in "cold shutdown" as stated by another poster above, the Associated Press said that as of 11:50AM Central Time today, Father's Day, June 19, the plant is still "operating as normal". See link.

On the other hand, MSNBC says the plant has been shut down since April:<br>
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43443913/ns/us_news-environment/

So which is it? Is the plant 'operating normally" or has it been shut down?

The MSNBC link also has a photo of the flooding around the plant.

As for the wisdom of building a nuke plant in a flood plain, I have to ask... were they smoking crack?

11. Chadshot

Chadshot Member

Fort Calhoun has been shut down for awhile now for a normal refueling outage. they elected to stay shut down due to the flooding happening around the plant. There are no safety issues there.

12. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mSvvmrB7qEg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Seems more info is "leaking" out.....

Jerbear

13. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Here"s another link for all you Obama voting coolaid drinking idiots to ck out.

Jim

14. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

So it would seem there isn't a "news blackout".

15. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I live 200 miles from the plant and have seen it on TV and even in our little newspaper.

I guess I need to invest in aluminum foil.

16. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

Jerbear: go hide under your bed, strapped with your CCW and the 40 rounds you carry on a daily basis and wait for the all clear.

17. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Of course there was no news blackout- its been on the news for a long time- these people just never look at the news

Rather they are on the "fringe"

Problem is that the majority of the American people think these "fringers" are republicans-- which I dont believe to be the case-

They are just weird- repeating what they have heard or read on some fringe internet site as if it were fact

Regards from Iowa

Gene

18. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Hahaha.... Gene calling people the fringe.... hahahahahaha.........

Jerbear

19. frostyman

frostyman Well-Known Member

There are 2 nuclear plants in Nebraska. People are getting them confused. One plant is totally surrounded by flood waters but that plant has been shut down since April and is in no danger because there is a rubber waterproof wall protecting the main part of the plant. It still has electricity to run any pumps that are needed.

The other plant is still in operations and is still generating electricity. Yes the water is about 3 foot lower than the elevation of the plant.

These have all been covered in the local news and also in Kansas City along with pictures of each. The Fort Calhoun plant is the one that is shut down. The Cooper plant is still up and running.

20. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

Gene is right... Gene is not on the fringe.

The averarge citizen that stumbles upon the goofy comments made in the political section of this site about racial, sexual orientation issues, union, government, law enforcement and other political issues will have zero reason to be concerned about voting for a pro-gun candidate in their respective districts/states.

Out of all the shooting disciplines out there, one would think that trap shooters would be grounded...

Read the past six months to 36 months of this section of this site and if I didn't know better I would assume that everyone on here wore tin foil hats and rioted daily against the government because the USA sucks so badly...

So bottom line of this goofy post... As proof by other posters has been provided, there is no news blackout.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.