1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Newest Brownning BT-99 Opinions

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dave P, Jul 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

I am interested in the newest BT-99 Golden Clays model with the adjustable comb and choke tubes.

If you present owner's and shooters of one would give me your your opinions pro's or con's I'd appreciate it. Dave Promen

2. letts

letts TS Member

My BT99 has shot a couple thousand rounds, no problems except I must clean it. (I can,t get the wife to do the job) seems like a good gun that does the job. I have had no problems with the adj. comb as of now, The screw must be tight. I would recomend it to anyone.

Letts

3. Rem870TB

Rem870TB Active Member

Mine is the standard BT99 with adjustable comb, 34" bbl, as in this link;

http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/firearms/detail.asp?value=009B&cat_id=017&type_id=055

I acquired a new one in Feb., 2007.

It patterns everything very well, that I have tried, with the full Invector Plus tube.

No problems, everything works great on it, trigger pull is about 4 pounds.

The Browning comb is not the best but I have not had any problems with mine. I have not set it at any extremes, a 1/8" rise with no cast off gives me the 1 3/8" drop at comb and 70/30 POI that I like; I don't mess with it. I have set black plastic washers in place to hol the setting, it hasn't moved in 1,000's of rounds.

I like the gun, a lot.

4. 1Ljutic1

1Ljutic1 TS Member

I have shot the Golden Clays, but owned a Plus model. For the price, I would get a Plus model used. A friend of mine owns the Golden Clays, and tried my Plus. He said he couldnt really feel a difference. He really loved it when I told him it cost me $1600. His Golden Clays cost him $3200. His gun didnt even come with the adj. rib that the Plus model comes with. He liked that feature a lot. Being able to change the POI is nice. Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.