1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Turtle29728, Jan 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turtle29728

Turtle29728 TS Member

Hi all!!! I've been lurking out here as an observer for some weeks now soaking up all the news and opinions on this site. I thought it was time I came out of the shadows and introduced myself. I live in a small town in South Carolina and have just recently returned to trapshooting after a 20 year hiatus.I really enjoy this site and have garnered a great deal of useful information here already. Oh, BTW, I'll probably get chided occasionally for my spelling, since that seems to be a common theme of late. I can spell quite well, but am not a very good typist---dyslexic fingers! LOL!! Anyway,looking forward to sharing my experiences on the range and hearing about yours.We shoot most every Sunday afternoon at our local trap/skeet range.If you live near Charlotte NC, come on down sometime and burn some powder with us.

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

Welcome! If your skin is thick, a tremendous amount of good info is at your fingertips. And some bad info, too (but you knew that). There are a lot of long-time-layoff shooters returning to the game any given year...I'm sure you'll fit in fine.

For match-making and romantic advice, Dial 1.

For Gun Blow-ups, Dial 2.

Feminine hygiene products & advice, Dial 3.

...all other general bullshit, please hold the line and you will be served immediately like drinking out of a fire hydrant.

3. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard, Turtle. Sorry my Hawkeys had to show up your Gamecocks, but maybe next year will be different for you.

Jump in and enjoy this site. That's what it's all about.

Hauxfan!

4. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Welcome,Turtle.Remember Buzzguns advice Thick Skin.

Bocephas

5. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Welcome to the site. If you ever need advice on how to slap these guys around, come to me. My advice, however, requires a small fee. Trapshooting costs a lot of money, you know...

6. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Thanks, EE, I didn't know that, being a Northern Yankee kind of guy. I've never had the pleasure to visit your state. As old as I am, I doubt I ever make it, but it would be nice to do so.

Same in Iowa about the colleges.

We have the University of Iowa and then we have Moo U......I mean Iowa State.

The former is a great college with great teams and the latter is.......well, it's Moo U......lol lol Where the cheerleaders graze........lol lol

Hauxfan!

7. Turtle29728

Turtle29728 TS Member

Thanks for all the messages. I am in fact a Moo-U graduate-- Clemson University class of '77 --and a born and bred Tiger fan. In regard to our shooting club, we have a small two-field trap/skeet range located on Hwy 207 just north of my hometown of Pageland, SC. We are about 50 miles south of Charlotte NC just over the SC stateline. The range is maintained by the local chapter of Wildlife Action, Inc. We shoot almost every Sunday afternoon, weather permitting. Never know who will show up. It rained a bit this past Sunday and I was the only person there. Set up the canterbury voicecalls, put some birds in the trap house and shot all afternoon all by my lonesome self. Still had fun though, and tweeked up my Beretta to adjust the POI a bit as well.

8. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard. Get yourself schooled in the pros and cons of 7 1/2 and 8 shot, 1 1/8, 1, 7/8, and 3/4 oz loads, AAHS vs old style AA and Rem hulls, and Spolar loaders vs everything else. And remember, K-80's always blow up! LOL.

Seriously, welcome.

9. spritc

spritc Active Member

Welcome to BS.com, er, TS.com

Steve from Indiana

10. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

Welcome,

Good another Beretta shooter.

11. djpk69

djpk69 TS Member

Hi Turtle....you can learn some things HERE........like how to spel...... great site for some great info ! Read through the B.S........and (well I see you already KNOW when to DRAW the Line) ! If you ever get up to Ohio...Email me. OF COURSE REMOVE THE X's ?........where DID that START?(remove the x's) and WHAT good did/does it do ?

12. BIG B

BIG B Member

Turtle;

Take curvy's advice and pay her fee...no matter how much!!!!!!!!!!!
    And NEVER......NEVER.....EVER....shoot with Haux for money!!!!!

13. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

hope you don't own a PIT BULL!!!!!!

14. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

Good one, Frank!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.