1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Zoli/Blaser or Used Perazzi/K-80/D-10?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jersey Joe, Apr 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jersey Joe

Jersey Joe TS Member

A simple question for my fellow SC/FITASC shooters.

I've got a budget of about $5,000. Would you buy a new Zoli Z-Sport/Blaser F3 or a used Perazzi/Krieghoff/D-10?

This is assuming they all fit me fine(thus cutting off all "whatever fits you best" comments) Grin

Thanks for your help.

Joe

2. WS

WS Member

Kreighoff K80, you will pay more than 5K, but the gun will last a lifetime and still be worth something. Ottsville has great, FAST service, if it gets worn they can rebuild it to like new. Have two K80's, a K20 three barrel set and wouldn't shoot any other O/U.

3. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

Buy New...you won't find a decent condition K80 for $5000 so that takes the K80 out of the equation. A decent Perazzi for clays and FITASC for $5000? Hmmmm, maybe if it was an older production gun or if it was some sort of parts gun or has been shot a lot and was reconditioned. I do not like reconditioned guns, e.g. reblued, so that is not an option for me in addition to I would go towards the newer production Perazzis. DT10 for $5000? You could find a gently used DT10 for $5000 and some change if you are patient and look hard enough. I have seen some spring up for around $5500 or so, give or take a hundred.

I have owned both a Zoli and Blaser and thought they were fine guns. I have also owned a DT10 and MX8. All were fine guns, I did not think one was significantly crafted better than the other one. I ended up buying and sticking with a K80 because I like the heavier weight better and did not want to mess with barrel weights on a lighter weight gun.

For me, the Blaser felt lighter than the Zoli Z in 32" configuration.

4. Baber

Baber TS Member

I once almost bought a Kemen Trap Gun. Was talked out of it based upon this simple statement.... You buy a Perazzi today and tomorrow you know whet you have and can get your money out of it. Is this true of Blaser? Don't know. Buying the Perazzi/K Gun isthe way to go.

TB

5. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Perazzi, You can fix it yourself. You don't have to be a watchmaker. It too will have great resale value but you probably won't ever sell it.

Ed Yanchok

6. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Regardless of "brand", if you want to shoot your best shot with it, leave enough cash out of the equation to have a stock fitted to you!! That's a money savings idea!!

Hap

7. sean justice

sean justice TS Member

i would wait for a perazzi, but i like the dt10 to.

8. Jersey Joe

Jersey Joe TS Member

Thanks for all of your help. I ended up buying an MX-8. I get it Friday and have my fingers crossed :)

9. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I dont know about not finding a K80 for 5000

I think a K80 with one barrel can be found for 5000 and dont assume everyone is going to try to rip you off for that price-- It will be an older K80 but so what? that is the neat thing about K80s- I would argue that new ones arent any better than old ones- the new ones are just more expensive

You also could go K32

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
dt10 vs zoli
perazzi or blaser
zoli or blaser
zoli vs blaser
zoli vs blaser shotguns

zoli vs perazzi

zoli z sport vs perazzi
zolizsportvsblaserf3