1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Youk State Clubs Please check this...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bernie K, May 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

Back in about 1993 or there about, the Gov. of New York, Mario Coumo passed a bill that grandfathered in all the existing gun clubs in the state. I had a copy of the bill and can not locate it. Dose anyone have a copy of this bill. I can find the range law bill but that is not what I am looking for. Bernie

2. 870

870 Well-Known Member

Bernie:

I probably won't be able to find anything that far back, but when you say you have the "range law bill" I'm not sure I understand what you are looking for. Is it a Bill that involved range protection laws or some other issue that Clubs were grandfathered under?

3. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

This is all I'm aware...

Noise and Hours of Operation

http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/nycode/GBS/10/150

4. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

Joe, I have that bill. There was another that Mario signed reguarding gun clubs and I can't find it. It had something to do with not being able to close down clubs that were open at the time the bill was signed. Bernie

5. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

The Bill should be on file at the State House if you can`t find it any other way .

6. 870

870 Well-Known Member

Bernie:

Joe gave you a link to the current NYS statutes; that is what counts as law. As I posted on another thread, a "Bill" itself only adds or amends the actual state statutes. If something isn't in the statute Joe linked, it isn't law.

Not sure what you want the original Bill for if the actual statute doesn't address your question. The first section Joe linked does discuss the issue of clubs in existance when the law was adopted etc.

I could not tell you where to find a copy of an old "Bill".

Sorry

7. lgunluvr

lgunluvr Member

Bernie

I recall the bill you're looking for. I went surfing looking for it, no luck.
    I contacted my son in law, who likes such legal searches; if it exists he will find it. Is Walworth having neighbor issues. Wish I could be there for your registered shoots. Check with the Falcon Sportsmen in Auburn, they fought neighbor issues and were successful.

Jack H

8. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

Jack,thanks for the help. We are not having any problem that I know of, we want get some more shooting hours and have to go to the town. We want to have all our ducks in a row before we get there. Bernie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.