1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New York's fine gun law

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by halfmile, Aug 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Seems like the Empire State building shooter managed to kill 10 at last count, before the law arrived to exterminate him.

Another triumph for behavior legislation.

HM

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

At last count 10 people injured, gunman dead, shot by police. HMB

3. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Once again, it is disturbing to have listen to the out of touch, self absorbed media carry on about something happening in their back uard in NYC, where this stuff plays out daily else where in the country and the world.

Non stop coverage that mighr get a 5 minute mention if it happened in Chicago, Detroit or LA.

I about threw my breakast at the TV when some info babe said something to the effect of "it's, so hard to believe something like this happening in the NYC, right in the center of the world."

Big problem with people who don't study history. Something happens in their lifetime and they think it is historic, whereas if they studied history, they would have found this stuff happens decades and centuries before.

4. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

Looks like all the Gun Laws in NYC didn't help. Don't the left wingers see this. I can just imagine what Bloom"inidiot"burg will say now. Probably more laws on gun control that won't stop the whacko's.

5. halfmile

My original impression was people were killed. Not so, Sherlock.

Bloomberg just had a press confab. It appears that "some" of the bystanders "may have been hit" by police gunfire.

(I think more than "some")

Mighty big city spin will now take place.

Wifey has been pestering for a trip to NYC. Maybe not so much now.

HM

6. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Banned User Banned

HM,

So are you saying that if CCW permit holders where there, shooting at this guy, there would not have been any bystanders hit?

7. revbook

revbook Member

I have a CCW and feel confident that the bystanders would have been safe with me returning fire.

Don in PA

8. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

RE: would not have been any bystanders hit?

A poor augument against CCW. That is what the left usually says when you discuss CCW.

I posted once before my brother broke up a bank robbery a few years back in Florida. No bystanders hit.

9. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

He was a fired security guard, Are we now going to have to be concerned by "open carry" employees???? who ever they are????

10. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

If the report of the shooter having a semi-auto 45acp are correct and assuming it was a 1911 then how did he wound 10 bystanders. Three rounds into his intended victim leaves 4 to 5 in the weapon. The spare magazine was not used according to accounts.

Robert

11. halfmile

Flyn, a permit in NYC is almost impossible to get. Out of state people are not allowed to carry in the city.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand.........(here's the big one) I think most CCW people shoot better than police officers. I speak from experience.

HM

12. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

Depends on the department, I know some police departments that only can afford to shoot one thirty round course a year! So the police officers that are not gun enthusiasts get very little practice and what they do get is punching paper.

I know other departments that the officer is required to 'train' as in get the paper score over with and then actually run drills with emphasis on movement, etc... twice per quarter.

Like wise with the civilian populace, for every gun club member /CCW person that shoots a box once a week at paper or metal targets and/or competes in some type IDPA shoots, there are an over whelming number of CCW guys who are not actually training on their sidearm on a regular basis...

13. lgunluvr

lgunluvr Member

The first reports here in NYC are two magazines used, the first emptied into the target (co-worker). The police did their job. 12 people shot, 2 dead including the perp.

14. lgunluvr

lgunluvr Member

The evening news says 11 shot.

15. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Looks like the cops managed to miss stl flynnn.

16. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

Gunman shot only one person.

police responded.

17. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Typical inaccurate news reporting.

Facts far different than story told told media.

I doubt all the injured were victims of gunfire, some may have injured themselves taking cover.

How many people were shot in Chicago that same day?

18. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

What I have learned from all this. The gunman killed his target and left. The gunman was aproached by police later. He the gunman was killed but the police wounded 10 to 12 BYSTANDARDS. The police did more harm then the shooter. To hell with the smog, the muggers of NY beware or the cops going after someone. You will get shot for just standing around.

Also why is the media not foaming at the mouth like they do with school and theater shootings?

19. halfmile

Not to belabor the point but wasn't this the same NYC where the police fired dozens of rounds at a bar location and hit a few collaterals?

Oh, yeah, 41 shots at an unarmed man.

Geniuses.

HM

20. halfmile

And another...........50 shots, Killed the groom who was to be married the next day.

Wifey definitely will not go to NYC.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.