1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New York State target costs

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr. Honk, Apr 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Honk

Dr. Honk Member

I have been getting the programs from other states and noticed the following.
    NY - $31/100
    PA - $28/100
    OH - $28/100

I would think the target cost would be similar. Maybe NY is looking to down size the shoots by driving shooters away.

Last year target cost in NY was $27/100.

2. T.A.K.

T.A.K. Member

I know at least at our club, it's tough to get birds because of the fire at that one factory. Other states might not have problem getting birds, but in NY the smaller clubs are all upping their prices just because of scarcity. The bigger shoots are guaranteed birds from certain dealers but the cost has risen.

FROM NYSATA website:
    INFORMATION
    DUE TO THE UNAVAILABLITY OF CLAY TARGETS..WE ARE FORCED TO RAISE OUR PRICES
    FOR THE EMPIRE GRAND TO $31/100 TARGETS PLUS ATA AND STATE FEES
    FOR THE NEW YORK STATE SHOOT TO $30/100 TARGETS
    SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE

3. 870

870 Well-Known Member

FWIW, costs for the NY State shoot will be $30/100.

4. notquite27

notquite27 TS Member

Why not enter the 20th century and throw bio's? And please, none of the crap that they are not as good, are harder to break, have more trap breakage, kill the grass, blah, blah, blah! Maybe it was so 10 years ago when White Flyer first introduced them, but not now. We have thrown truckloads at our club with no problems whatsoever. If anything, they seem easier to break, trap breakage is nil, and they are in excellent supply at a buck + less a case.

Our last truckload was at $8.06/case delivered.

5. Dr. Honk

Dr. Honk Member

So white flyer targets in NY are $30 - $31'100 and in the other states I mentioned, white flyer targets are $28/100. It's the same target with the same shortage. I must be missing something.

6. T.A.K.

T.A.K. Member

Our club throws Bios and we're having a hard time getting enough since most stores in the area have contracts with NYS ATA and their orders come first (or they get the birds for free). They might be the same target, but if you think about it, to ship them costs money and the closest factory burns down, so it costs more money to ship them from somewhere else.

Either way, the price of everything keeps going up. Sucks but that's life.

7. Beni

Beni Member

at 8.06 case you should buy multiple truckloads. i believe it takes 2-3 times longer to produce a case of bio to reg white flyer targets. We were just quoted 9.65 case if we take a full load 22 skids good luck beni

8. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

Dr.Honk, Did you consider the distance for delivering targets? I believe NY is farther away from the supplier than PA & OH. Diesel fuel @ $4.30/gal coupled with 5-8 mpg makes a difference, not to mention paying drivers to deliver farther away. Larry Evans

9. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

If WF added black dye (carbon/charcoal dust would probably work) so the targets smoked black when hit, there would probably be much more widespread acceptance. Until then...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.