1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New York State Shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by justlookin, Jul 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justlookin

justlookin Member

New York State Shoot results up on trapshooters scores.

2. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Thanks for the link...

Was the wind blowing for the Wednesday Caps ??? Scores looked pretty bad for the quality of shooters I saw. 27 yarders had some trouble.

Dave in SC

3. shotgunpeople

I heard last night they were overwhelmed with the turnout Friday and had to carry over the singles contest til this morning (Saturday).

401 shooters for the Blazer Caps..That has to be some record for a Friday shoot at NY.

Dave in SC

4. porky

porky TS Member

It seems the NYS ATA is less and less efficient as time goes on. They need to hire someone to run the fields like they used to do. I won't go into how ineffective the NYS ATA officials are at just squadding and generally running the NYS Shoot now. I wish that there was some way that their shoots would start on time.

5. shotgunpeople

Start on time ??????

Now that's a laugh !!

In ALL my years at the NYSATA, I never remember them starting on time...LOL

Dave

6. Hal1225

Hal1225 Member

I shot the handicap Friday and had a great time even though I shot poorly. I have no complaints whatsoever about the people there or how the shoot was conducted. Try putting one on and see how easy the task is. Too bad a 5 wasn't called I wanted a rematch for loosing the CT shoot-off. Oh, I figured to miss the second target instead of the first!!

Harry

7. krieghoff200

krieghoff200 TS Member

Staring on time ?... the Blaser Handicap event on Friday started at exactly 9:06...You complainers should get your watch checked.....very well run shoot despite a power outage and a delay for rain and lightning.....Congrats to Brian, Doug Duncan and the whole crew for overcoming the problems that occured yesterday

Steve White....krieghoff200

8. Bob Griffith

Bob Griffith Member

Hey get-er-done.....unless you have run a shoot of this size, QUIT WHINING! I always tell people "if you think you can do it better, then run for office & put your money where your mouth is!" I suspect you are another one who prefers to stand back, do nothing & run your mouth! I see what Doug and his troops do (as well as previous presidents & their boards) and they bust their butts to do all they can to make a shoot as shooter friendly as possible! Either put up or shut up!

9. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Just got back from the shoot. Had a great time, weather was good, shoot was good. Great to see friends you may only see a couple of times a year. Best part for me was when my squadmate, Ed Bierstine won the Blaser in the raffle.
    Couldn't have been a nicer guy to win it! Only downside for me is that I might have to take a clinic to learn how to shoot before I go again...Oh, well.

10. Remingtondon

Remingtondon TS Member

The New York State Shoot had the best weather and shooters I've seen for years. Yep, Brian and Doug forgot to let God know about the shoot and we had a thunder and lightening delay of an hour or so, but other then that 80, sunny, and a nice breeze. Breaking up the Ronald McDonald shoot to 50 Friday and 50 Saturday was the best thing the Board and Directors could have done. It allowed the shoot off for the Blazer to be done under normal lighting conditions and gave everyone a fair chance to win. It also allowed everyone a 50 bird warm up before the State Singles Competition started which was great but didn't help me ha, ha. The Blazer was won by Rich Masten from Springwater, NY and Rich hammered 30 straight with his old Browning and 16 yard reloads showing eveyone it's not the size of the dog in the fight but the fight in the DOG! It couldn't have gone to a better person then Rich who bleeds Trap Shooting and supports his club 110% all the time. Every event started within 5 minutes of posted starting times and shoot off's were run as efficiently as the Grand. My hat is off to Brian Whallen, Doug Duncan and all the Directors and staff that worked hard to insure everyone had a good and extremely SAFE time. There's a lot of work to hold any shoot but a state shoot is tremendious and everyone did an outstanding job. As for the bad apple complaints, well here at my orchard we feed them to the wildlife and forget it and I reccomend everyone do the same.

Best to all and Keep Shooting and Having Fun doing it!... Don Alderson

11. Beni

Beni Member

Hey Steve, didnt they shoot doubles first on Friday. We were first squad out and started at 9.35 am . beni

12. krieghoff200

krieghoff200 TS Member

beni....I stand corrected it was the doubles that started at 9:06am ... if your squad started at 9:35am, could it be that your squad was not one of the first 12 called to the line? If so the best solution that i could see is to announce the actual squad # of the first 12 squads(depending upon holes if there are any in the first few flights)

Steve White...krieghoff200

13. Trapboy1957

Trapboy1957 TS Member

NY outdid themselves this year. Guns, added money, free grub And that announcer !! for Hall of Fame inductions was real good. I heard he was a retired news broadcaster from NY City. Jr

My only complaint is that I want to shoot my second trap over again in the handicap championships!

14. Beni

Beni Member

Steve, we were on the 4th flight and waited that long to see what was going on. beni

15. Simone

Simone TS Member

So why did you previsouly say "We were first squad out and started at 9.35 am." What's your point?

16. 870

870 Well-Known Member

My guess is that his point is there were no shooters on the 1st three squads for that bank, and his squad became the first. Some of these situations resulted in no squad shooting for some time because nobody on a squad number in the 50's expected to be first out.

This does not mean the event started late, just that certain squads wasted time because they were not ready to shoot so soon.

17. Beni

Beni Member

Thank you 870 Beni

18. shotgunpeople

I'll add my 2 cents for what it's worth.

Over the years, I have found that if I am on any of the first 50 squads, whether it's NY or anywhere that a large shoot is held, I report to the bank I am shooting on before the National Anthems are played. I MAY have to wait for a squad or two, but generally I am on the line within 15 minutes of the start if the rest of my squad are there.

The start time isn't always the fault of the management, it's usually the shooters who are not ready. Anyone who has been around the game long, knows to be on their bank with lots of time to spare...

NYSATA in the past has usually announced what beginning squads are not going to be present to give warning to the following squads to get to their banks early.

It was a lot easier to know when your squad was up when the old tower "On Deck" board was there, but that's history now...

Dave in SC

19. lgunluvr

lgunluvr Member

The shoot was well run. No one could have anticipated the turnout for Friday's handicap. Management did a decent job keeping it under control; running 50 singles on Friday, and Saturday. Targets well set; and scorring was exceptional, it keeps getting better. The problems with the sport in general are shooters not showing up on time, for their squads. This is not shoot management's fault, but selfish shooters. Job well done NYSATA, I enjoyed it! Thanks for the FREE BBQ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

new york state shoot

new york state trap shoot

ny state trap shoot

nys trap shoot scores