1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New York Dept of Trans

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by K-GUNS, Oct 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    I'd like to say thanks to the guy who stopped and helped my son but I don't know his name.

Late Monday afternoon my son headed back to college in Albany NY and along the way on I-84 after just crossing into New York from Pa, his exhaust pipe rusted through just in front of the muffler and the muffler dropped down & was dragging on the road.He pulled off on the shoulder.

He called home and I said I would drive up to meet him and give him my vehicle to continue on while I wired up the muffler and drove the broken car home for repair.

Before I could make the 3 hr trip to where he was broke down a man stopped to help.He was driving a truck from the NY dept of trans. He wired the muffler up in place,made sure my son was OK to drive it and then left. He did such a good job it held on all the way home.

My son then drove back towards me and we both meet at exit 26 in Pa at an EXXON station. We traded vehicles and he was on his way again to Albany for college.Thanks to this man my son was able to get to his apartment,get his work done,then a little sleep and get to class in the morning.He is very busy working on his Ph D. He's a good kid.

I'd like to say thanks for the kindness of that employee. I don't know his name-wish I did.
  2. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

Sep 15, 2008
    I'll bet he didn't have any wire.

Thats a nice story, not too many people like that anymore.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.