1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New York City Churches buying guns

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by oldgahchamp, Oct 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

While surfing the internet,I noticed an article about churches in NY City buying guns @ $200 ea, with no questions asked. They can be rifles, shotguns or handguns. The article said that last week 400 guns were bought in Brooklyn and that this week they have bought over 500 guns in Harlem. I wish I lived closer to NYC (only for a day or 2)so I could unload a few pieces of crap on them. Hell, you can buy new .22s and double your money on them. Do you think this will wipe out crime in the Big Apple? Any of you wish to sell, they still have $100K left to spend. Larry

2. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Churches need to use their fund for better things as this will NOT better the community. I know if MY church was pulling crap like this there would be a drop in funds.....but that's Texas. :)

3. oldgahchamp

MIA, 1986. 100x100 Larry Evans

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

ok how the hell is that legal!!!! dont they know 99% of it is crap and just allows them to legally unload a illegal weapon to purchas a better weapon and ammo. I just do not get it. OK so I hope they keep the guns that work, common calipers and arm up!!! Im sure they may need to defend the church.

5. trappermike

trappermike Well-Known Member

Do NYC churches have FFLs? May I establish a non-profit and do the same? Uncle Mike's church of the Eternal Firearm? Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition? Maybe we could meet in the clubhouse?

Reverend Mike

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

They will need them if the AntiChrist wins the election.

HM

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    If churches are going to be gun buyers then they need their tax exempt status revoked.<br>
    <br>
    And BATF needs to ensure they have an FFL to be trafficking in guns.

8. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Hold on; the churches are likely beating the guns into plowshares. I am sure they are honorable, forthright, practical, and Christian. I am sure they got this idea from the Good Book. Let's not be so judgemental. Religious leaders are known to know and speak the truth.

9. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Hey wait a damn minute.....

As there are NYC laws against having guns that are not registered, then there should be no guns...right???

I feel confident that the NYC anti-gun works...how about you guys??

Curt

10. chuckles

chuckles Member

oldgahchamp...Larry, belated congrats, you deserve it regardless of what year it was...

What was your yardage as the winner in 1986...?

What kind of gun were you shooting...?

Did you win a big payout thru options...?

GAH shooting was so off this year the payout was appx $15000.00, I can remember $30000.00 years.

regards

11. Gold E

Gold E TS Member

What are the street gangs going to use if they sell all of their guns to the Church? Are the Baptists buying knives; the Methodists stick and rocks? Perhaps the Episcopalians could pick up the tab for amps and subwoofers.

What a joy it will be, driving through Harlem with the pickup windows rolled down, Billy Ray Cyrus on the AM radio.

12. Laudygirl

Laudygirl TS Member

Quote taken from the article:

"This latest drive is being funded jointly by the NYPD and the Manhattan district attorney's office and targets areas with recent spikes in gun violence."

13. oldgahchamp

To Chuckles, I was on 22 yds. Shot a mod. 12 Winchester with Federal paper 3dr7-1/2. The only thing I got from Federal was a plaque. ( no cases of ammo like everyone thought). Am I the last person to win with a mod. 12? Yes, I had a BIG payoff, but unfortunately, the IRS also got a large portion.

UPDATE: On last nights network news it stated that Chicago is #1 in murders, knocking NYC back to #2. The gun buy-back must be working!!! HaHaHa. How come with all the gun laws in Chicago & Illinois in general, they have so many murders? Didn't LA have a $1-1/2 million buy-back program a few years ago that was administered by one of the Major Gangs? Larry

14. The Loud One

The Loud One TS Member

100 x 100 in the big one! You are my hero. Way too go.

15. chuckles

chuckles Member

Larry, fantastic... a model 12 pumper and Federal papers, you renew my feelings that it is the shooter not the gun, also good to hear you made some money for your efforts, nice job.......

Where do you shoot now...???

regards

16. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

They may be funded by NYPD and attorney, but I think there is still a federal statute regarding receiving and transferring firearms without a FFL. Am I wrong?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.