1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Year's Shooting Sports Resolutions!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RayReys, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RayReys

RayReys Member

Up to TEN (10) things related to the shooting sports (hunting, IHSMA, ATA, NSCA, IDPA, collecting, etc) that you'd like to accomplish/improve/change/buy/etc...

I'll start :D

1. Get Rem M31 #1 up and running again.

2. Build up an inventory of milsurp/vintage/classic rifles, from Swede Mausers to K31s to M1 Carbines to an M1A.

3. Break into the 90s for Sporting Clays.

4. Get my first 50 straight (25 pair) in Doubles.

5. Break another 100 straight.

6. Start shooting Olympic (Bunker) trap.

7. Learn to reload.

8. Shoot ATA again

9. Get better at shooting handguns (get rid of my flinch)

10. Get better at handicap

Happy New Year all!

2. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Shoot as much as possible before my knee replacement surgery....get through that and get back to it again...

3. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

Get out of Michigan for some ata shooting ,maybe Sparta. Bill

4. GW22

GW22 Active Member

1) To go the entire year without adjusting the comb on my trap gun or removing my FULL choke tube for any reason.

2) Get prescription Decot shooting glasses.

3) No orthopedic surgeries.

4) Finally locate an all-original 1st Series Colt Woodsman Match Target pistol, in 97% condition or better, at a reasonable price.

-Gary

5. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Have fun (and remember that its still fun, even when I don't shoot as well as I would like.)

6. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

Well Do As My Sigh -On Suggests.. And introduce a Non -Shooter to the Clays game

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Buy 3 or 4 acres, build a big garage and have living quarters (2500 sq ft.) over it with a balcony that goes around the entire living quarters ... Have two lifts, a wash bay, maybe a spray booth, parking for at least 20/25 cars and two complete work benches besides a man cave in one corner of it with a walk in gun safe ... I have the plans, just need to find a nice piece of property to make it work ... If not in 2013, one of these days ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Oh and shoot a few registered targets at the local club ...

8. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Member

For 2013... to continue to have some safe fun on the Trap Field with my squad mates and not take the game too seriously... and to stay with one gun and one load for the entire year and see what happens.

Happy & Healthy New Year Guys!
    Art

9. dds4horse

dds4horse Member

1. break 100 handicap.

2. shoot ATA in 3-4 different states.

3. Shoot the Southern Grand successfully.

4. Shoot 90+ in doubles.

5. Smack the sh^t out of GW22 when he adjusts his comb. or takes out his full choke tube.

oscar

10. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

My 2013 resolution: Keep my "Frigging Head" on the stock during the entire duration of the shot process. When I miss a shot, it's all about lifting my head and I have the softest shooting guns I can build. If anyone has any good ideas as to how to solve the problem other than "fish hooks" attached to my gonads, I would like to here it.

11. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Shot410 - that's a great resolution. When I start shooting like an idiot, it's usually for the same reason.

Oscar - I wasn't kidding. If you EVER see me on a trap field using anything but a FULL or EXTRA FULL choke, don't ask any questions - just walk up and Happy Slap me like a nasty muslim. Click the link if you don't understand. Use the shovel method if there's one handy.

-Gary

12. YOTESLAYER

YOTESLAYER Member

HAHA I almost choked to death on my own spit laughing at those clips!!!

13. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

I'll remember the hardest trap targets for me is the target that is a straightaway from station 3 as follows: (1) when on station 1 do not move the gun right when I get this target; and (2) when on station 5 do not move the gun left when I get this target. Hold the gun in such a manner that will eliminate #1 & 2 as stated in the preceding sentence. BT100dc

14. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Shoot 4000 ATA combined targets (AT, that is). Get to Cardinal for State or other event. IA, MN, and SD state shoots. Then get a life come september.

15. revbook

revbook Member

Concentrate with each shot instead of just throwing lead downrange.

Don in PA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.