1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Years Ham Shoot Results Oxford Gun Club

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OGC Director, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

It was a good day to start the 2011 shooting season at Oxford Gun Club. We had a bright and sunny start and then the breeze picked up and some clouds rolled in but the temps were in the 50's. You can't beat that for a winter shoot. Turn-out was good as well. We had 7 events for hams (15 shooters and 50 birds in each). With the 40 plus rounds on the practice trap it was a good day.
    ogcdirector_2009_2807127.jpg

Hank (Vice Pres.), Ray (Trap Cap.), and Eric Paulson (Pres.) made sure everyone got squadded up for a crack at some Dutch Way Hams.
    ogcdirector_2009_2807132.jpg

The first event hit the line a little before the 10am start. I love it when the show starts on time.

Todays Hi-guns by event:

#1 Jim Roland 49x50

#2 Tie R. Register, Bob M., and Ken W., 47x50

#3 Rich Lewis 49x50

#4 Jim Roland 50

#5 Jack Aldridge 50

#6 Bob Aldridge 50

#7 Tie Bill Alfrie, Tom Parker, Sam Walker, 49x50

ogcdirector_2009_2807130.jpg

Bill Alfrie on his way to a 49 in Event #7

Jim Roland was top winner of hams today with 7. He said he will share with his friends when he finds some. Bob Pierce didn't need any help from Jim. He was the top splashboard winner with 5. Some people have all the luck. Bob didn't have all the luck. Young Andrew Yost hit across the board with a 39. Some times it's better to be lucky than good.
    ogcdirector_2009_2807131.jpg

Andrew with his 3 hams and his crew from Potstown Gun Club. They cleaned up on Thursday nite and came back and did it again today!!!
    ogcdirector_2009_2807124.jpg

View from trap #3

Nancy had a drawing for a basket of holiday cheer and Bob Kausic was the lucky winner.
    ogcdirector_2009_2807126.jpg

Parties at Bob's house!!!!
    ogcdirector_2009_2807128.jpg

Sam Walker (49 in Event 7) and Luke getting ready to clean up after a great shoot.
    ogcdirector_2009_2807129.jpg

Collin doing the hard work while Sam and Luke ride around on the Gator

Rich (home for the holidays) in Indiana

2. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

The next trap shoot at Oxford will be the Green Bird Shoot on Thur. nite 1/6/11. Shooting should start around 4:30 pm or when the first squad is full. The kitchen will be open for dinner and don't for get to get a ticket for the longbird. Hope to see you there.

Rich in Indiana

3. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Bobs eyes looked a little glazed over already....was he nippin a bit from the basket before the photo??

4. jbyost

jbyost TS Member

Shot New Years Day with my brother, nephew, and son in law. Had a good time you made us feel at home. very friendly people, members, and staff at the club. definently at the top of our list of places to shoot. Andrew got lucky and won 3 hams in one event, he was really excited. looking forward to coming back again had a great time and ate some good food. thanks for a great day...... John Yost

5. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

John

Glad you guys had a good time. I hope to shoot with you again sometime.

Rich in Indiana

6. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

and just because nobody was kind enough to bring their ol sick buddy (me) one of their extra hams....I plan to come next year and lay an ass-whippin' of all ass-whippins on y'all ...can you see the "no Mercy look in my eyes right now?...be afraid...very afraid

7. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Bring it!!!!!!!

Rich in Indiana

PS Glad your starting to feel your oats again.

8. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Oh my! I don't think anyone is going to get any hams next time unless Calvin decides to give some of his winnings away...

9. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

I'm counting on the rust factor. Plus, I know what it's like trying to figure things out after losing some weight!!!

Rich in Indiana

PS The next trap shoot at OGC will be the Pen-Mar League on Saturday. The practice trap will open at 9:30am and the kitchen will be open for breakfast and lunch.

10. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

This Thursday (1/13/11) will be my last chance to shoot before hitting the highway back to Fort Wayne. If you can, come on out and join me for some green bird fun.

Rich (headed back soon) in Indiana

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.