1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Years Day Shoot Results Oxford Gun Club

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OGC Director, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

First I want to say Happy New Years and thanks to everyone who supports the shotgun sports. I also want to thank everyone who helped get the show on the road today. Ted Wallace with the snow shoveling and trap tuning, Sam Walker with loading the traps and the gator, Bob Pierce with the ice melt this morning and the shooters who helped set up the speakers this morning. I don't want to forget the Ladies in the kitchen and the kids working the traps. Thanks all!!!

Things were a little icy this morning but lo and behold the sun broke thru and it turned into a nice day. Turnout was a little down over past years (the good waterfowling might have something to do with it, missed Curt and his gang) but all in all it was a good shoot. We had 80 rounds for Big Meat and 45 rounds of practice. We gave out 80 Big Meat prizes (with the splash board too) today all from Dutch Way. Got to thank Gary the meat manager for working with us over the years. Now for the event winners and the lucky losers:

Event #1 Hi-gun Jim Roland 48x50___Lucky Loser on trap 2 Steve B.

Event #2 Hi-gun Bob Blanco 48x50___Lucky Loser on trap 1 A. Brown III

Event #3 Hi-gun Bob Kausic 49x50___Lucky Loser on trap 3 Henry T.

The winners of the first 3 events all shoot for Oxford in the Pen-Mar and I am expecting big things from them tomorrow. (PLEASE)

Event #4 Hi-gun Ted Wallace sr. 49x50___Lucky Loser on trap 1 Doug P.

Event #5 Hi-gun Charlie Adams 49x50___Lucky Loser on trap 2 Cliff N.

Event #6 Hi-gun Ted Wallace sr. 48x50 (Good shooting Ted, I hope you cool off for the Pen-Mar)

Our top Prize Winner today was Ted Wallace sr. with 5. Top winner on the splash board was Lucky Larry Kirk with 3.

We will be at it bright and early tomorrow for the Pen-Mar and I think Mother Nature is going to be a little harder on us with winds out of the NW blowing 20-25 and single digit wind chill. Sounds like fun.

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Rich, et. al.,

Sorry I missed the Oxford shoot today, but the weather was right for waterfowling...

See you guys on Sunday..

Curt

[​IMG]

3. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Nice looking birds.

We will be shooting for Big Meat Prizes on Sunday Jan 3rd. Happy New Year

4. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

The next Big Meat Shoot at Oxford will be on Sunday Jan 17th. Our next trap shoot will be Thur nite Green Bird on Jan 7th. For 2010 the longbird jackpot shot will now be taken from Post 1 30yard line on the practice trap. All other rules stay the same.

5. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Attention all OGC members. Membership meeting for the board elections is on Jan 11th. Dinner starts and 6:30pm and the meeting is at 7:30. Membership must be current to vote. See Ray our I Thur nite if you need to renew.

6. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Rich...

You guys need to elect a different treasurer....

You also need to separate the bookkeeping for trap, skeet and clay's....get a more precise accounting of money in - money out!

Curt

7. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Curt, Our accounting does seperate each event. We know exactly what trap brought in and spent. Same for sporting clays, 5-stand, skeet&wobble. I have worked with the money man we have now for over a year and feel he is doing a good job.

Rich

8. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I'll keep an eyebrow raised on that one!!

Curt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.