1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New years at GriffithIzaak walton griffith Indiana

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by swine, Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swine

swine Member

we will be open from 10:30 am to 4:00 pm on thursday new years day . usually we are closed on holiday and normal hours are 3:00 to 10:00 pm every thursday but we are trying something different for the new year. come on out and shoot otis and his flunkie Larry will be there .

2. SARGE75X

SARGE75X Member

I'll be there too, but I'm not associated with these guys.

3. shubble72

shubble72 TS Member

Directions? Is it off 64?

4. SARGE75X

SARGE75X Member

I-65?

5. SARGE75X

SARGE75X Member

1532 E Main St Griffith,Indiana

6. SARGE75X

SARGE75X Member

You can't get there from here.

7. SARGE75X

SARGE75X Member

Up for Larry

8. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Sarge - Does Larry know you think kindly of him?

Bill Radwan

9. SARGE75X

SARGE75X Member

Bill, of course he does(even if he is a lefty),you should hear the things he calls me.LOL. Otis just called me as he was passing my house going home from the Mill. Diane is going to be doing the cooking so we are in for a treat. Bring some guys from Glen Park and shoot some. I know we are for sure shooting some 2 man protections and the weather is supposed to change if it hangs around this will be a good time.

-Bill

10. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

The problem is, if people find out I'm related to Larry, I get crapped on. I'm sure some guys from Glen Park will be there. I'll post a note on our board this Saturday. But, if Larry starts being a jerk, someone has to put him in his place.

11. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

Well,here it is that I live in Hamilton,Montana & read all the time about the activities of Griffith Izzak Walton. For many years I was a member of the club. Paternned a lot of shotguns there. Shot a lot of rifles off the 100 yard bench. Did some pistol shooting there. Bought $1000s worth of componants from Denny Gallager just down the road. Went to parties & dinners there. Played bingo in the clubhouse. Keep up the good work & keep it going,gals & guys of the Griffith Iks. Tom Lobonc formerly of Munster,IN

12. SARGE75X

SARGE75X Member

Denny is still around but is out of business as far as I know. They still get a pretty good group of guys there on Thursdays and our league(IAA and USWA 1010) is still active but quite a bit smaller than it used to be sadly.

Bill dont worry about Larry being a jerk, I can fix him quickly.

13. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Tom

Chances are we may have run into each other, without knowing it. I recall with fondness going over to Denny's to pick up components, in the horse stables. Denny still stops by Griffith Ikes. He looks good for his age. Did you ever shoot trap at Whiting, Leroy, or at Ewing's (on Central near I80/94)? I do live in Munster on the west side of town just off Ridge Road.

Bill Radwan

14. SARGE75X

SARGE75X Member

Dont forget Lansing, used to shoot there too.

15. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Yes, I did a lot of shooting there. I recall when guys would come out there and shoot #4s & #5s, then the neighbors across the lake would call. And then there are the clubs in Illinois we used to shoot at: Xline, Frankfort, Downers Grove (when it was in Downers Grove).

Bill Radwan

16. SARGE75X

SARGE75X Member

I remember getting invited by a guy I worked with to go to a Sunday AM shoot at aclub in Illinois( I will not mention the name as I think they are still in business) anyways when they called my squad to the line some of the shooters brought their beers with them. Ha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.