1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New XT question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Citori Shooter, Jun 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Citori Shooter

Citori Shooter TS Member

Hi all,I read an article a while back but can't find it now;it stated that Browning was going to factory lengthen the forcing cones in all new XTs starting in Oct.2009.I would like to know if it was true and if anyone knows how long they are lengthening them.Thanks.

2. acorange

acorange Well-Known Member

I don't know about XT's but I looked in the barrels of a friend of mine's lefthand 625 sporting and it looked like there wasn't ANY forcing cone.
    Weirdest thing I ever saw...
    No lie, the progression from chamber to barrel was nearly seamless.

3. Citori Shooter

Citori Shooter TS Member

Wow,That would be one long forcing cone...I have researched the subject while considering having my forcing cones lengthened on my current gun and anything over 2" seems to be overkill.Thanks.

4. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

All 625's and Cynergys have had "Vector Pro" forcing cones since day one. They are 2.5 inches long. Dont if or when the XT's will get them.
    The details are in Brownings site. Link: http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/glossaryitem.asp?id=73

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.