1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New world record

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by handlepuller, Aug 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

That's some pretty impressive output.

Hope all 814 were perfect with no bloopers.

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Useing a Spolar Gold he had perfect loads ,.

3. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

Not bad, but my Mec Grabber with my wife feeding wads puts out a shell every 3 seconds (5 sec without help). If you figure 20 loads per minute X 50 minutes and allow 10 minutes or less to fill the bottles and hull hopper you could load up to 1,000 in an hour. The manual is much faster than a hydraulic and such good exercise. And no bloopers. AJ

4. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

AJ So you did,t really do it You just think you can .

ALF

5. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

I can load over 500 in an hour with a Pacific 366 with my 4 year old daughter 'helping' me put the wads in. That's timed...and extrapolated, since i can't ever get a full hour out of her. But that's with me filling my own shot and powder.

certainly that's a world record in the "under age 5 assisted" category....

But I like your ingenuity with the switch. Sounds cool....

6. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

We usually stop after 2 flats=30 minutes. I'll get an official count after the Grand, but I have no doubt that my manual Mec can out run an auto. AJ

7. chessney

chessney TS Member

I can shoot and break 100 targets, move back 3 yards break 100 more, move up break 200 doubles. If my wife hands me the shells, I can do it in 7.3 min. Then if.........

Ziggy

8. chipking

chipking TS Member

The really nice thing is that with the auto-drive, even with the toggle mounted on the bench and a pull for each stroke, after 1 hour you can still take your right hand and scratch your head and you don't have that high pitched ringing in your ears.;o) The only down side is that you then have to lift that 5 gallon bucket full of ammo out from under the bench and by the time you get it out any "helpers" you may have had have flown the coop. Seems stacking shells is just not as appealing as putting things on the machine.

I love my Spolar / Auto-drive combo. Thanks Whiz.

--- Chip King ---

9. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Jim Throwing money around like that your going to give trapshooters a bad name .

ALF

10. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

Geez, I use a P/W 800+ with Spolar hydraulic...and the shell feeder so my only job is watch the primer drop and stick a wad in, hit the throttle. Doesn't anyone load for the enjoyment, and pride of turning out a first class reload? Maybe I am missing something, but loading is just an extension of shooting for me. It's about the most fun you can have with you clothes on....

Seriously, I could load for break neck speed, but don't see the point. I have not had a blooper in thousands of reloads with this setup. I certainly have had a couple of primers hop out, causing shot to hop out of a shell rotating, etc. Minor cleanup (shop vac's should come with every loader, big powerful units, and lots of canned air), and then I am running smoothly again. I found watching things carefully and loading quality shells to be much more rewarding than pedal to the metal and having issues.

I don't have any helpers left at home, so stopping for shot/powder/primers is the only excuse I have to go find an ice tea. And yes, that big bucket of loaded shells is heavy and not fun to box up. But it is my chance to give the shells a quick inspection on the way to the boxing unit.

Just me, your mileage may vary.

11. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

Slow, Slow, Slow,
    My old record was 9 seconds for a box & 100 in less than a minute. Record set more than 20 years ago with an 800 B.

12. chipking

chipking TS Member

Didreckson I'm like you I use the loading of shells as therapy not a race. I normally go downstairs and spend about an hour loading. Before the auto-drive I would average about 275-300 shells from start until finish (all shells checked and boxed, hull and wad holders refilled, shot and powder and primers topped off). Now with the auto-drive I get a little over 400 in the same time period without feeling rushed. AND my shoulder feels fine , something that did not happen without the auto-drive.

--- Chip King ---

13. ken a

ken a Member

as my pop used to say ( that's pretty good whether you can do it or not) 100 a minute, hmmmm.

14. Wilma Harris

Wilma Harris TS Member

Texshooter you are loading with two people using 4 hands/arms. Not apples to apples. Pulll's only outside help was filling the shot/powder hoppers which could be done by using large wall-mounted containers and a tube going to the hoppers. You mount the same containers to feed your machine and only use one person and your rate would drop considerably.

Maintain your rate for a full 1 hour instead of timing it for 10 seconds then multiplying by 360 or something simular.

Heck my old rate of 25 shells in 20 minutes with my $9.95 Lee hand loader was tiring but fun.

15. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Chip ... I thinks I gots the hots for your Spolar, can I have your persmison to let me have my way with her or if you prefer you may have your way with her yourself and I'll just ... well ... never mind.

16. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

It ususally take me about 30 seconds to load 1000 shells into my car from the WalMart basket.

17. pfofml

pfofml Member

With my MEC 400 I can load 30 shells per, provided that I limit my coffee breaks.

Peter Falk III

18. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I once tried to see how fast I could load 100 shells on my Dillon. Did it in less than 8 minutes, by myself. What's that come out to 750 per hour. Perhaps, it could be done with someone filling the powder, shot, primers, and shells while I pulled the handle. I wish someone would make an automate for the Dillon. I'd buy two.

19. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

I've got to be close to the new MEC record. 12 crushed hulls, 6 inverted primers, 6 no primers, 3 new oil stains on my shirt and 400 brand new swear words I've never heard before or since.

And a usable flat in about 45 minutes.

20. CharlesR1100

CharlesR1100 TS Member

PULLLL...good job. With my 9000 MEC on top of AutoMate, and a bunch of helpers, I am limited only by the cycle rate of the motor.

The electric base changed the face of reloading. Will never be the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.