1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New words for the National Anthem??

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by grntitan, Feb 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

When did we get new words for our National Anthem?? Maybe next year they can pick somebody to sing the National Anthem correctly. Hell at least Roseanne got the words right. That's a shame. And no i couldn't do better but i'm not a singer.

Matt

2. calldan

calldan Member

I really thought I was hearing things. What a disgrace!!

3. chipking

chipking TS Member

You are so right. What a crock.

--- Chip King ---

4. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

If you were singing it in front of millions you'd be sure and get it right wouldn't you??? Another sign of the times I guess.

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Without meaning to sound racist, if they would quit trying to make everything sound like a freak'n R&B album maybe they could get it right. I'm not thinking the Anthem was written with that R&B sh!t in mind. Maybe i'm old fashioned but for cripes sake its our NATIONAL ANTHEM not American Idol.

Matt

6. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Christine A. has made political statements against the USA within the last 6 months. She cannot sing anyway. Maybe some of the changed words were a sneaky way slam to our country. Who picks these singers anyway? The style was also troublesome. Why is making everything sound like it is Saturday night drunken club music for underprivileged and uncultured people in poverty stricken neighborhoods considered an improvement?

7. leadhead358

leadhead358 Member

shes a true blonde

8. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

What do you expect? I suspect shes an illegal alien...don't ask me what planet shes from though..i couldnt tell you

9. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

I too thought it was a disgrace. Christina A. should be ashamed of her performance not to mention her lack of respect for the National Anthem. Kate Smith truly had the voice for it.

10. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Christine is from the Pittsburgh area. Wexford,Pa. 12 N. of Pgh.

11. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

In case you missed as I did,,,,As has been said, it is not American Idol (which she would probably get booted off of),,,,,

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oVukuhvdOxY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. Prettywood

Prettywood Member

Hey Matt, Your by no means are you old fashioned, or racist. It made me absolutely sick to my stomach listening to that crap! Your words were spot on! The only thing missing from this idiot and the S/Bowl producers was some crotch grabbin', a gold grill in her pathetic mouth, and a little back-up boom chacha boom boom, chacha boom boom, boom chacha boom boom.......Unbelievable, Tim

13. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

That pompus wench should have her vocal cords cut out with a dull knife.

Jim USAF ret 26 yrs.

14. steele

steele TS Member

My dad, the ultimate patriot, stands when the national anthem is played on TV. I used to kid him a lot about it when I was younger. He would always tell me, " Someday, you will understand" Well, he was right. Today, we had all our munchies laid out, all ready for the game. That poor excuse for an singer started her howling, Dad stood up, and in about 10 seconds, walked out of the room. "Call me when that bitch is done" is all he said. He just asked, "how in the hell can the sponsors/management allow that?"
    Matt, maybe I'll sound racist on this one. Why does every white singer think that he/she has to sound like Snoop Doggy Poop? or whoever in the hell the new rap/crap singers are. They are the ones making it racial.
    Butch in Pgh. Yes,I'm white & damn proud of it!!

15. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Leanne Rimes or Carrie Underwood next year, just a great rendition without all the "soul" BS....

16. CalvinMD

Its been said before that you cant have crap without rap

17. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

Im glad I didn't see a minute of the whole thing,no loss what so ever!!!!!!!!.

Sandy Holehouse.

18. o3dave

o3dave TS Member

This man does the best Ive heard in a long time. Take 1:50 and give it a listen.

19. Outdoors Junkie

Outdoors Junkie TS Member

They will talk about this National anthem for a long time. I have no idea what they were thinking when they picked her to sing the national anthem! She's about as patriotic as Barack O?a?a. He's a Crotch grabber during the Anthem. He probably thought it was funny. James

20. CalvinMD

I certainly hope it was his own crotch,...anybody elses would just be nasty

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.