1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Word for your Vocabulary

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Ifitfliesitdies, Feb 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ifitfliesitdies

Ifitfliesitdies Member

Wish I could take credit for this one.... but I received this in an e-mail this morning and thought most of my fellow shooters would enjoy this!

Years ago when I sometimes used unsavory language, I often used the expression "Bull Sh**."
    As I grew up a bit and discovered it was not necessary to use such crude language, that expression became "BS."

What did I really mean when I used those expressions? I meant that something was ridiculous, idiotic, a half-truth, or just stupid. It covered any number or negative formats. The dictionary defines it as: nonsense; especially foolish insolent talk.

I have decided that I will no longer use either of those expressions in the future. When I have the need to express those feelings, I will use the word "Pelosi". I am making this recommendations after careful consideration of her many proclamations lately in the U.S. House - nearly all of her ideas and statements fall into my broad category I use to describe B.S.

Let me use it in a sentence. "That's just a bunch of Pelosi." I encourage you to do the same. It is such a good word. It really packs a lot of punch. We are no longer being vulgar but it clearly expresses our feelings. If enough of us use it, it's possible we can get the word in the dictionary. That would be an excellent legacy for the current Speaker of the House.

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

I personally like the Rush Limbaugh practice of referring to something dubious as a "bunch of Barbara Streisand."

3. Jamesquinn

Jamesquinn TS Member

Cripes, I hate it when I step in a pile of Bush and have to scrape it off my boot.

4. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

Here is the intelligence level of a jamesquinn;

"OICU812 doesn't know that the Dow was as high as $14,165, then fell to $7,553 on November 20, 2008."

You make George look brilliant, pal.

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Shhhhhhhhhh, I have a deal to sell him some shares of Enron.

HM

6. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Well there goes my claim to fame! thanks a lot !

7. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Did he say hate or ate?

8. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Have you heard the word "transparency" lately; heard that more than bailout? My definition of the word is: You're getting screwed without seeing it. Darrell

9. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

How about (BULL BUTTER),that's more high class.

bocephas

10. gotbass

gotbass Member

Bovine night soil that will show that you are really classy and should be shooting a side by side

11. Kim Little

Kim Little Member

Sound's like an "obamanation" to me!

12. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Bo,,,,bulls don't make butter.. :D

13. IM390

IM390 Member

here's some trivia on words:

I like "son of a b" better. And a better way to express myself which is "Son of a Gun." If you don't know prior to the war of 1812, British ships would steal American salors and press them into slavery. To help prevent them from jumping overboard in a neutral port, they brought prostitutes on board. On a war ship the only discreet place was under the gun battery I think you can figure the rest out.

W C Fields was great at using archaic words, because of his foul language he was blacklisted from many threaters. When using old vocabulary, "like don't pull a Clinton on me", or "great Bealzubub, I 've been hoodwinked, or as sweet as mother's milk", he was allowed to publicly perform again.

14. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

VOCABULARY WORD FOR THE DAY

LIQUIDITY:

When you look at your investments and wet your pants!

15. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Sounds like a bunch of Bull "Quinn" to me!

16. 12Gagejon

12Gagejon Member

That Harry Pelosi reidally give me BO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.