1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

@@NEW WOOD AUCTION FOR LARRY@@

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by southjblue, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Up for auction is a beautful Turkish Burl wood set---
    the measurements are

Stock

18 1/2 x 6 1/4 x 7 1/4 x 2 5/8----Stock sq off gives a full 2" front to back

Forend

2"x2 3/8 x 17 1/2

There is a bow or slight belly---

Left side is 1/4" at receiver and 1/2" at butt end

This blank is suitable for sgl bbl,auto,standard #6 krieghoff,or sporting mdl----It would work for a cast to right or left due to the bow in the opinion of an assessment of a stock maker and fitter

I had the wood assessed by gun stock maker and fitter.

His assessment was that the wood is very nice and thinks it would make a great piece for anyone thinking about a project to enhance a gun----so much so that he is placing the 1st bid @ $350.00

Total amount of the winning bid will go to Larry after the $$s are received the wood will be delivered----

Any ??s are welcome to me by PMs---

If a substantial bid is considered I can put you in touch with the stock maker by phone but only if really interested and not just for conversation.

This wood is being donated free by an anonymous donor that wishes the best for Larry and his family---

The auction starts as of this writing and will run 7 days to end 3/28/13 @ 7 pm
    est----

1st bid is $350.00 all future bids @ $50.00 increments

Thanks to all---

George@SJB
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PS----If david is tuned in I'd appreciate keeping this at the top----Thanks---George

Pic of other side and pic of bow
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Sam---Does that up stand for a bid???George

3. 33 Willys

33 Willys Member

What does the other side of the blank look like? I'm seeing 4 pics of the same side..
    Willy

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Has anyone been in contact with Larry or anyone in his family to see how much money has been raised or how much more help is needed ..? WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Yac---I don't have a total yet but will advise as to what the total is when all is in---Larry went to work for the 1st time monday and had a very bad day.Very depressed and felt lonely---Had a better day tuesday because he had to work 12 hrs----I talk to him most every day to try to keep his spirits up.
    It's going to be a long haul---He is very appreciative of all the help received from TSs---To my count there is aprox 30 donations made from individuals and $900.00 collected from the wood auction----
    I think I have done all that I can to keep from over asking for more----I think there are more out there but I hate to keep uping the request----
    The guys on TSs have been GREAT----We are all family and when one of ours is in need we respond----So I say thanks to ALL

George

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

George,

I was just wondering if maybe we were close by now ... I know alot of people have sent checks to help ... I can fully understand that Larry is depressed but he better tough it up for his other kids sake ... I don't mind helping just wondering how much more help is needed, might have to write another check ... It would be good to know that the end is hopefully in sight ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Yac---I think we have done all that we can---I'm sure Larry will come out of it the best he can---He knows he has responsibilities---He has a great wife and 3 more boys to take care of----It's just been a few weeks and understanding is what he needs now----He also has a great father that is helping---A yr ago his father had a serious heart attack and Larry helped him through---It's now the father that is helping----One of the donors lost a young boy to a drunk driver 10 yrs ago and told me the hurt never goes away no matter how tough you may be----Larry will make it and it's through guys like you that helps with the pain---So thanks----If you already gave,I think that's enough---
    Your post is appreciated----

George

8. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Willy---Check the new pic of other side of wood----Sorry I didn't post with orig---George

9. 33 Willys

33 Willys Member

Southjblue; Thanks for the update on the picture. I'd love to have them, but not tall enough for my stock.... Willy

10. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

No problem Willy---Someone will have a nice stock---Thanks for the look---

George

11. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Thanks david---George

12. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

New bid from an anonymous bidder of $700.00-----Thanks---George

13. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

The high bid is now $700.00-----George

14. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I just received an anonymous donation of $50.00 to Larry----You guys are the best----If there are any others out there that would like to help---Please comply or PM me----How lucky we are to have such friends and special thanks to david for such a great site-----George@SJB

15. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Yep, David is the man. Has given a bunch for a good cause and provides us old retired/washed up/mostly blind trapshooters something to do all day long.

Thanks david...you got a big heart my friend!

milt

16. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

The anonymous bidder of $700.00 is GN7777777----He has great sorrow for Larry and is helping----Thanks Gene-----A friend,George

17. hoot619

hoot619 Member

Thanks again David and all who have contributed so far. This is one of the

reasons Trapshooters.com community is so great. Please join the rest of us in

helping Larry Tonda and family. A lot of us also have Teal Nobel and Jodine P

and also Wayne Mayes in our prayers. Jodine could use some help also. This is

what life is about getting out of self and doing for others. Ken U

18. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Time is running short---PM me for any ???s and thanks to all---George@SJB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.