1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NEW WISCONSIN WEBSITE

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by brad patterson, Oct 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brad patterson

brad patterson Active Member

Went to the WI website. They have a brand new site. Updated and looks very nice. I navigated and saw many updates plus a lot of the old info that is still important to post. Looks like they are updated to an electronic fomat as many of the WTA / ATA forms are there for downloading, especially for clubs hosting registered shoots.

One casualty was the discussion forum. It is gone. But there is this sight for ranting and raving.

This is the 3rd update (that I'm aware of. Every update has made improvements and this update is no different. Much thanks to Sarah for an outstanding job .

To view go to www.witrapshooters.com

2. Francis Marion

Francis Marion Well-Known Member

Getting rid of the discussion forum was a terrible idea. It was an excellent way to get and give info that EVERYONE could view. A great way for directors(relax Don, I'm not talking about you, you're the only one with the guts to say anything) to avoid the light of the public eye. It will force people here, then our dirty laundry gets aired world wide. BAD DECISION

3. scratcher

scratcher TS Member

BOD pushed onto a national forum. A great spawning grounds for rumor and innuendo. Sorry to see this happen..

4. MX-15L

MX-15L TS Member

I thought this was the spelling of Wisconsin, not Wisconson.

5. Donm

Donm Active Member

When did the WTA web site become private. Is it not on the World Wide Web. That means that it is a national forum is it not. This way rumor and innuendo's will only be here not on our forum.

The business plan is being prepared as we speak. You are right. We don't have time that is why we hired someone to do it for us. Ladies boy you obviously don't have a clue what the area looked like before or now. ("picture of a cut over pine tree plantation") Who said it was a business plan other than you're all knowing self? If you did you would know that the picture is a small road in the campgrounds running E and W. That more than 100 acres of trees were cut. That the shooting pads are going in this week which means alot of the final grading has been done. Again open mouth before finding out any facts.

Steve you either haven't looked at the new site or can't read. There is a place to give information to the BOD and also get information from the BOD. Isn't that what you wanted? Or did you just want a place to shoot your mouth off and spread misinformation and down right lies. If that what you want you have it here. And I don't mean you, except sometimes. Do you realize that about 95% of the people on our site that did all the bitching were from the SE ZONE. Look at who is here too. None of them, except one and he followed me to the shooting line bitching at me, has called or emailed me or talked to me in person. I take that back. I have had one shooter call me from my zone. And it was a very good call. He was the auther of one of the best threads we ever had on out site. If there is a idea that should be seen by all I will post it for all to see. If it is a bitch the BOD will see it and not the public. If you require a answer I will see that you get it either by me or the person involved with you question. If you don't get a answer I will find out why. If the person (BOD) just is ignoring a question for no good reason I have the balls to post that too. We are trying to get the directors more contact with the shooters on a personal level. That way it will be more difficult for the director and the shooter to say something stupid like what was happening on the discussion threads. As for airing dirty laundry here, it didn't matter what was our web site it will still come here because there are a few that just like to see things they write in the public view. Whether they know what they are talking about or not. Some just make up crap because they have nothing of value to say.

And lastly. Thank you Brad for the work you did to get a web site started and helped grow it. I now wish you wouldn't have had a discussion thread to start with. Over the years it has always been a thorn in your side I know. Years ago you wanted to shut it down. You tweeked it and it help alittle but it never did what you hoped it would. Anyways thank you again. You can take pride in the new site because you got us to this point.

6. illusion

illusion TS Member

Donm this is bull, when Brad started the site roughly 3 yrs ago, the promise was better interaction with the (BOD) supplying more one on one. (Bull) Only ONE person came forward with some info, that's the interaction the membership got, from the (BOD) other wise it's 99% nothing from the (BOD)and with your new forum it will stay the same. When Brad ran it He supplied info the best he could, and YOU at time's "back then" criticize Him, now the shoe is on your foot (if you can get it out of your mouth) and you'll be doing Brads job with a whole lot less interaction from members cause YOU have jump on more people than any one because you didn't like the way things came across and didn't meet your narrow view point. People will see real fast how your view point is the only one that counts!!

Can't wait to see how many (BOD) members interact with the MEMBERSHIP.

7. Straight99

Straight99 Member

It must be a secret web site because now it doesn't work.

8. Donm

Donm Active Member

Brad started the Wi. site alot more that 3 years ago. I would guess more like 7 or 8. I am the one with the Blog. I will be the ONE that puts out the information. If you want one on one call your director. Then tell me he wouldn't talk to you. When was the last time or the first time you have ever called your director. Or do you even live in WI. In that case you don't have a bitch coming. My foot is on the ground where it belongs. I have given more information in the past year than ANY other director EVER has. If I am wrong I admit it. If you live in Wisconsin and have so much knowledge about the way the WTA runs you would know that. So I back up what I say. How about you. What have you done for the WTA lately? What have you done for shooting lately? I figured as much.

One straight. The site hasn't been up for 24 hours. Is it that odd to have a few problems. UUnnbelieveable. I suppose not other web site in the world has ever been down before? Especially in the first few hours. That is all I can say is uunnbelievable what some people will find to bitch about.

9. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

If the purpose of this new format is to get us shooters to contact our directors instead of 'griping about',questioning, or commenting on something, then why is there no contact info for the directors? At least I didn't find it anywhere.

Hopefully, that was just an oversight that will be corrected soon.

Tim

10. brad patterson

brad patterson Active Member

MX15L (Joe Zukowski) -- Thanks for catching my spelling error. Appreciate that and my apoligies.

I must correct DonM and give the proper credit. I did not start the WTA website. That would be Dan Murphy. He did an excellent job during his time as moderator. I then asked and received permission 5-6 (a good guess) years ago to update and do a redesign. We were able to make improvements and we had a discussion forum. The forum was intended to have dialogue between the membership and the BOD's. Unfortunatly, during my time I did most of the info posting, much as Don is now. I complained and cried out for the members of the BOD's to post and use the forum, no luck. The director's do not like posting on the forum , they also do not like getting called out when they do not post. Don is right, I have even asked why have it, if you won't use it.

Now Sarah has done a redesign and upgrade. She has added things and I'm sure the site will continue to grow from what Dan and I started. I will be the first to say I wish the forum was still there to use. Those that used it, it's real easy to get sucked in to the b.s. It also is very difficult to moderate as you always walk a very thin line between free speach and censorship.

I don't think the new site will promote anymore one on one discussion with the directors than there is now. In fact based on some of DonM's postings and the tone he is using, as he is now the ONE (the voice) has he has stated, why would you want to. Not a lot of niceness going on these days. That being said, I give Don credit as he is willing to put it out there, even tho' one must look at the message, not necessarily the delivery. I would also say that from my expirience, being the "one" is a lonely job.

Lets hope the site grows and gives the shooters the information they want and more importantly they deserve. After all, the WTA is not Don or the BOD's it is all of us.

11. JKA-TRAP

JKA-TRAP TS Member

Tim

From the new home page click on Board of Directors. Once that loads, scroll down to bottom and click on link at bottom of page. That will open a PDF with all contact info.

John Atkielski

12. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

John,

Guess I missed that! Thanks for pointing it out.

Tim

13. Ponytail in WI

Ponytail in WI TS Member

DonM, don't take the questions so personal. These people are appealling to you for information because their not getting it from anyone else! Don, I'm sure you get frustrated with peoples question but what do you expect? You know this whole project was not handled very professional from the get go. So,that being said the WTA should be more sensitive to all the shooters who question the changes and or sometimes lack of information? Let's not forget its the WTA who is going to need all the shooters monies to keep the grounds running once its built. Don, I'm sure you agree the WTA doesn't need any more animosity toward it that it already harbors.

If the WTA chooses not to have a discussion forum on their website, then so be it. Then the WTA should have no complaints if people are questioning on TS.com. Right? I say give the new site time to develop and work with directors to get updated information on the homegrounds! I thought the other previous sites were fine. Hopefully this new site can take the good from the old and add a new twist to it going forward.

Rick

14. thunder

thunder Active Member

Sorry to see the WTA discussion forced onto this website. This move will do nothing to help the WTA now or in the future.

15. Donm

Donm Active Member

Everyone. There is still a place for you to voice an opion, bitch about something, suggest something, ask a question. The only difference is you will get a answer from a board member and it won't be see in public unless I feel that it is something that should be posted in public. Try it you might like it. I get all comments e-mailed to me directly. If it is something someone else is involved with and has more knowledge on you comment I will past it on to them. If you don't get a answer let me know and I will find out why. If you just don't agree with what your director said well sorry I can't help you with that. If you don't want to go through me contact your director directly.

16. thunder

thunder Active Member

Don sad to say I am one who will not participate in censorship, this goes way beyond destroying freedom of speech. I sure hope others will find this as offensive as I do!

17. perazziboy1

perazziboy1 TS Member

I agree this is censorship plain and simple. Post something the BOD doesn't like, it never sees the light of day. I am on board with the homegrounds, but not with this semi communist move. Let people air their thoughts, good or bad. Give us more than "the concrete will be dry by July 2013".

18. Francis Marion

Francis Marion Well-Known Member

Gee Don, I thought I was paying you a compliment. I guess I was wrong. Yes, I can read just fine. If you would like to cite examples of me either shooting my mouth off, spreading misinformation, or downright lying, I would love to hear it.

I always try to make points that are well thought out, with just a slight bit of sarcasim on top. Can't help it. I never downright attack people personally. I would expect more from a board member who campaigned for, and volunteered for every bit of responsibility bestowed upon him.

Have a nice day.

19. illusion

illusion TS Member

What the Hell is going on here, what is mouth piece Donm. doing on this site all the time bitching at everybody on this site, he should go play on his own site. He'll probably turn the W.T.A. site into a vacuum with no one asking anything, because some of his previous post kind of indicates how he'll respond, its his way or the highway censorship, YOUR attitude will drive more people out of your organization and knowing how well you like to cover you tracks I've already have copy and pasted so go play on your site we don't need your B.S. here, you are totally counter productive.

20. scratcher

scratcher TS Member

Don:
    I hope you are paying attention to the drift of the dialog on this site. To quote Patrick Swayze in the movie, Road House; "be nice". I admire your effort in this, but sometimes when you raise your hand, you're thrown a fastball. Unfortunately, you don't have a backstop in the Prez. or the BOD. Kind of like being a bawlin' calf in a hailstorm.

Dick Gries

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.