1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Winchester Super-Targets

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Trappy12, May 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Well I just bought 4 cases of the new Winchester Super Target shells at $53 a case. Has anyone had any experience with these shells yet? I'm excited to try them out and just wanted to see what others think.
    -Trappy

2. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

Trappy I won 4 boxes of them 2-3 yrs ago and they were 3 dr 1 1/8 oz 7 1/2 shot and broke 16yd targets in the winter with no problem. Pat

3. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

If they are the same ones that we have been buying for about 4 years, they work great. Lots of folks shooting them around here. They are comparable to the Federal Top Guns. Bill Malcolm

4. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

I have shot at least 75 flats in the last 5 years and they are fine. Great ammo from a great company............Uncle Sam, Pa.

5. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Hi Trappy, They are a good shell. Same as Fed. Top Gun or Rem. Gun Clubs, but the Win. Super Targets have their normal AA wad in them. The most copyed wad in the market!!! Did you get the 2 3/4 dram ones or the 3 dram ones. The 3 dram are the most common. Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

6. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Pull & Mark, I'm really not sure. My coach just said "Hey we got orders coming in next week, do you want Winchester Super Targets, Kemens, or Estates?" I had used Kemens all last year with great success, and this year have shot two cases of Estates and hated them, and figured I would give the Winchesters a shot, they are made in the USA, and I'm not sure about the Kemens. Also, I love AA's and if they are any similar I'll be happy. So I put myself down for 4 cases of the Winchesters, 7 1/2's, and was not asked about the dram, just assumed they were 2 3/4.
    -Trappy

7. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

Shot a box yesterdayfor the first time, got a 25. Seem to shoot the same a AA"s.

8. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Trappy12---You picked the right ones. They are good trap shells. You do need to learn what happens when you ASS/U/ME though.LOL-----Matt

9. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

great price

10. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Trappy, Matt is correct when he told you about (assume). The Win. Supper Target loads have the 3 percent antimony lead that Rem. Gun Clubs and the Fed. Top Guns have has well. The Keman's have stated they have 5 percent antimony in their lead. And the Estate's have the best lead in them at 6 percent antimony. They are made by Federal as well. They have that odor that Fed. is noted for. You like them or hate them. The powder is also a bit dirty in the Estates and the Super targets as well. The Keman's powder is pretty clean burning. You do have to remember that the Keman's are also Euro. made shells and they have the metric system for shot size. That means their #8 are slightly smaller than our #8 shot is. Good Luck on the new shells and hope they bring you your first 100 strait. Break-em all. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.