1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Winchester "lowest recoil" Shells

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by starshot2b, Nov 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

New Winchester

When I was buying shells yesterday, I noticed that Winchester has new shells out with very little info on the box. All it basically said was "lowest recoil and something else" on the box. I believe they were 1 oz 8's, don't remember. Has anyone seen or shot these? I'm guessing they're 1090 FPS... Just curious if they're worth trying out (at $6.99/box no less).

2. lumper

lumper TS Member

New Winchester

What if that one testicle is twice the size of 2 normal testicles ... wouldn't that help make up the difference?

3. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

New Winchester

That ammunition is Winchester's answer for recoil shy shooters. Recoil is very low and the gas pressure and volume will not operate an automatic. They recommend use in a single shot shotgun.
    Mike Battista

4. Texas Ton

Texas Ton TS Member

New Winchester

I see them calling the older "Featherlite", Win-Lite now, but are also found on the Winchester site as feathers. Same thing as far as I can tell, both 26 gram 8's at 980 fps. Next time you're in there, open a box and see if it has a feather on it.

They are soft, but it takes a good auto to cycle one if that's what you use. Excellent trainer load too, just expensive.

5. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

New Winchester

Low Recoil, Low Noise, that's what was on the box. It did say 26 grams and I had no clue how slow or fast that would be since I don't reload. 980 fps? Yikes, too slow for me!

I shoot an XT, but don't think I'll try them out. Thanks for the info.

6. Texas Ton

Texas Ton TS Member

New Winchester

26 gram.

7. skb1100

skb1100 TS Member

New Winchester

I have shot them. They are great for singles as long as there is no wind. I have run 99 in singles with them. I have shot them in doubles also, but I shot quick so I dont know about any one that shoots slow. I also highly reccommend them for kids. There is no recoil even with the lightest gun you can find.

Tony

8. jape

jape TS Member

New Winchester

Lumper! You da man. lol

9. OregonDon

OregonDon TS Member

New Winchester

Prince - If not for the undescended testicle the dog would be three times as much. He can't be shown and shouldn't be bred. Don

10. Ron Frazier

Ron Frazier TS Member

New Winchester

He can't be shown and shouldn't be bred.
    The dog or POD?

11. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

New Winchester

I bought a dog for $400.00 and he was FIXED I guess I really got took????

12. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

New Winchester

I BOUGHT A FLAT WHEN THEY FIRST CAME OUT FOR THE KIDS TO TRY. THEY WERE VERY SOFT AND MORE SUITABLE FOR SKEET THAN TRAP. THEY WERE INCONSISTANT TOO. SOME
    WENT OFF WITH A BANG, BUT OTHERS WITH A PUFF. I GOT TIRED OF CHECKING THE BARRELS FOR A WAD. MY SHOOTING BUDDY SAID " HE CAN FART LOUDER THEN THOSE LOADS
    AFTER A BAG OF WHITE CASTLES!"

13. snapthecat

snapthecat TS Member

New Winchester

Has anyone noticed the need for increasing lead with these shells???

14. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

New Winchester

I shot some of these low-noise, low recoil 26 gram (7/8 ounce) AA shells. They were OK, but not in any kind of wind. Also, some go "bang", but some only go "poof". Breaks weren't good, even at 16 yards. Not impressed with them at all, other than maybe for youngsters shooting a 12 ga. for the first time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.