Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Winchester 101 Select Sporting

3K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  JoeBerg 
#1 ·
Check out this new reissue of the Winchester 101 sporter; with Invector Plus barrels no less; has anybody seen one yet?

#3 ·
Gregg535

Its hard to for me to tell from pictures; so do you think this is closer to say a Browning 525 than a true Win 101? - which isn't a bad thing by any means!

I like the fact that it has the Invector Plus backbored barrel & choke system, and although I could live w/o ported barrels, I'm sure this one is going to be a softer recoiling gun than any of the original 101's I've tried.

I'd like to see one, but my local sources are uninformed about this new model, and the online sources I've tried are all backordered on the gun in any bbl. length.

#5 ·
The online sources I checked are taking orders for it at just under $2K, but none in stock. My local gun dealer said he couldn't tell me anything about it until one or two show up with the Fed-Ex deivery guy. They always get a few of the new release Brownings and Winchesters to see how they sell.

G
#8 ·
Plainfield Shooting Supplies in Plainfield, IN. has had one of these in stock for a couple of weeks. I didn't pay attention to the price, but if it is like everything else he carries it will be 10% over cost. Had realy nice wood on it and some very deep blueing.

ec90t

#9 ·
I think these guns are supposed to have the original 101's stock dimensions, and a similar engraving pattern on the receiver sides. Note also the checkering pattern as well. The lockup is like Sammie said about the lock-up. Lugs on the bottom like Browning and the side lugs like Beretta. Yes, these are still made in Belgium by FN.

Chevy

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.