1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Win 101 - Made in Belgium - Info Please

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by franko, Apr 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. franko

franko Member

Anyone have any experience with this gun? Their web site is pretty sketchy.

Is it an updated Select Energy?

Frank O'Brien

2. pufftarget

pufftarget Active Member

It's a select energy w/o the scallops and with more conventional wood and a narrower rib. I'll sell you a 30" select energy trap w/ extra chokes for $1000.

Chuck

3. franko

franko Member

Thanks . . . that is what I guessed . . . . .

What about the SE . . . . Would you care to give us your thoughts about quality, etc.?

F . . .

4. colonel klink

colonel klink Active Member

I've had a select energy for several years now. Had a problem with the forearm iron coming loose but Browning fixed it up under warranty promptly & all has been good ever since. I don't shoot mine regularly but I shoot with people that have them & shoot them every week & also have had no problems. With Browning being the owners/warranty providers I don't see how a person can go wrong for the money. The 101's are just a rebadged/overpriced SE in my opinion. Colonel

5. pufftarget

pufftarget Active Member

I bought the gun as a back up but it is more muzzl heavy than my primary gun. I like the wide rib and the porting really works to lessen recoil.
    The chokes are Citori plus, so easily obtained. All in all a very good value and in line w/ the colonel's comments.

Chuck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.