1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Website Layout

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by david, Nov 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. david

david Member

Hope you like the new layout. The new layout uses frames to keep the links and banner ad at the top of the page. If you prefer they old style please click the "No Frames Version" at the top of the page.

David

2. david

david Member

Please use the email link at the bottom of the page if you find any links that dont work or any errors.

Thank you.

Happy Thanksgiving!

David

3. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Now I understand why I got the strangest error message!

Thanks David, Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.

4. david

david Member

Yes, I had to stop the server to upload the new files.

5. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Very nice!

Happy Thanksgiving, Shannon

6. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Happy Thanksgiving. With the new layout each thread takes 2 lines to display instead of one line. I clicked on View, Textsize, and Smallest in order to get back to a single line for each thread but it is pretty small font for my Senior Eyes.

7. david

david Member

What resolution is your screen set to? 640x480? 800x600? I can probably tweak it to fit better.

8. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Happy Thanksgiving day to all of you!

David, I like the "originator" factor a lot, allows us to by-pass junk posters easier. Thank you David! Hap

9. david

david Member

Thank. One of my concerns if people dont like change, so I made the No Frames Version to be like the old style with a few new features.

One new feature is the ability to delete all your posts with one click. See the link under edit/delete your messages.

10. 100straight

100straight Member

I was able to get it to fit on my screen by going to "medium" on the text size. I like the originator column, but why do only some of them show up?

Happy Thanksgiving,

Mark.

11. phirel

phirel TS Member

With the thread titles taking up two lines it is more difficult to scan the threads and see which be interesting.

Pat Ireland

12. 100straight

100straight Member

Pat,

Try changing your text size. At the top of your browser should be a tab that says "view." Click it and go to "text size." Change that to "medium," and see if it's better. It worked for me.

Shoot well and often,

Mark.

13. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

I like it, especially the thread originator and views feature. The delete feature needs tweaking since I went to edit this message and deleted it by accident.

Perhaps if you hit delete a message should come up saying "are you sure you want to do this?"

Thanks for the upgrade and Happy Thanksgiving!

Jerry

14. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

OK, in my case, the refresh button takes you back to the sign in page. That's probably an error.

15. phirel

phirel TS Member

Mike- I cannot find any tab labeled as you described. I did find a way under "settings" to change the font size but it will change it on everything.

Pat Ireland

16. 100straight

100straight Member

Pat,

What browser are you using?

Mark.

17. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

My screen size is 800 X 600 and I am using IE Version 6.0. Under the View menu is Text Size and Smallest gives one line of fine print and Smaller or Medium give 2 lines on the thread title only, they still provide normal size text that even my bifocals can read without straining. I sure do appreciate seeing the sign on name of the thread starter. I hope I never accidently click on that thingee that says "Delete All My Messages" I would rather send that instruction to the moderator by email instead of being sure to drink my AM coffee and take my Senior pills.

18. Annie Get Your Gun

Annie Get Your Gun Member

David, I agree with Pat, if your in a hurry, takes to long to scroll for anything interesting. Seems a little harder to read. Diane @ ANNIE OAKLEY'S

19. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

personally i liked the way it was. i don,t see a big difference .i am computer illiterate so all the extra doesn,t mean much to me.i imagine david put a lot of time & effort into this project & i appreciate that but it really doesn,t make a whole lot of difference to me how many times a post has been viewed or who the originator is. i don,t see any difference between the no frames version & the frames version. personally i think if you got rid of all the screen names & everyone had to use their real name & email address it would be a lot better.dwain

20. david

david Member

One of the main reasons for the frames was to give the advertisers better exposure.

I will work on making each user be able to hid any of the columns they wish to hide.

David

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.