1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Warnings in NY

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 635 G, Oct 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Use extreme care while walking in the vicinity of WAll St., look up and avoid falling bodies. Well, our wonderful congress really fixed things. 700 billion & it doesn't work.

Lou

2. The Kissable Wanker

The Kissable Wanker TS Member

Dude, no one said it would be an immediate turn around. If you think that you are definitely not as smart as a kindergartner.

3. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

You have to remember that the stock market is basically a gambling system based on emotion. The silly concept that one company's stock is better than anothers because of its "fundamentals" are better is nonsense. This is because once issued, you really can't go to te Comapany and get money for the share. You have to find another buyer for what is basically a piece of paper or now days, a few bytes on a hard drive. If some one pays you more than you paid its only because they think someone will pay more than they paid.

Don't think so? Take $500.00 in Monopoly Money and a 100 share certificate from IBM into Safeway and see if they'll give you a loaf of bread for either.

4. Kevin Fleming

Kevin Fleming Active Member

International Business Machines Corp.
    (IBM:NYSE)
    LAST $99.09 USDCHANGE TODAY -4.35 -4.21%VOLUME 5.2M

I'm sure someone would give you a loaf of bread for 100 shares of IBM, but I get the point.

The market rarely reacts like the government expects. I'm continually amazed at how much those people in Washington think they know.

5. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

JBrooks, if I'm in the checkout line next to the guy with the IBM stock, I'll buy his loaf of bread for him. We'll work out a trade.

Kissable Wanker, if it wasn't going to result in an immediate turnaround, then why did the bill have to be passed in only a couple of days? They were people in congress saying this bill has to be passed "TODAY". Can't take time to read the fine print.

6. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

All you really need to know about the market is this:

1. The market was down 369 points today at the close

2. For every person that bailed on the market today - sold out cheap, couldn't take it anymore, whatever - there was someone that said "hell, yess, this is a great buy." It ALWAYS takes TWO to make a trade.

3. In 5 years, no one will remember what all the fuss was about....

I was a net buyer today...in fact, I've sold nothing lately.

And what I bought, down 550 points, finished up nicely from where i bought it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.