1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Walmart Here Doesn't Sell Guns.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Auctioneer, Aug 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

New Walmart Here Doesn

In a neighboring county, Walmart just opened a Super Walmart. I went in and looked around and found out they do not and are not planning to sell guns AT ALL. The guy at the sporting counter said it was the the Walmarts Boarded and the managers of the area diction not to sell guns in this store. I said its doesn't make any sense when you can go down the road about 15 miles and buy guns in that Walmart. He said you maybe be able to do so now but you might not be able to later. I told him that I spoke to the people there and they have no plans to stop selling guns in that store.

Its sad to see that the Board and the area management are telling the customers what they can and can not buy in stores now a days. I remember when they listened to the customers and sold what the customer wanted.

2. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

None of the Wal-Marts in California sell guns any more.

They got busted about 5 years ago for selling a gun to a minor, and that's all it took.

The next thing up for California is when Wal-Mart stops selling ammo. This will happen on or before February 1, 2011.

Kevin

3. James.c

James.c Member

you guys in the U.S.A are lucky. here in canada walmart never sold guns. and canadian tire stoped about ten years ago!!

James.C

4. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

guns in the hands of LAW abiding citizens, scares the liberal elitest to death!

if the citizens have the means to defend themselves, they have the means to overthrow the corupt governments.

people who fear guns and gunowners, are mentality unstable! IMO!

5. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

Back in 1984 I bought a couple of guns from them.. since then I havent seen any at walmart I would want..

6. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Not surprising at all. There are 7 Walmarts within 10 miles of me. Only 2 sell long guns and ammo. Only 4 of the 7 sell ammo. It's all up to the local ordinances and the store mamager.

Eric

7. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Why would they be interested in selling firearms? It is a pretty small market with thin margins (especially the crap they carry) and on top of all that there is a ton of red tape that has to be handled for every firearm sold. Much easier and more profitable to just sell low end disposable crap that anyone can buy with no regulations.

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The WalMarts are subjected to local restrictions that can sometimes seem rediculous like stated above 15 miles down the road, but that might be far enough for the restrictions to be different ... The local laws and county laws sometimes create a confusing situation for retailers so they take the easy way out and eliminate some products, in this case guns rather than deal with the problems they could cause for them in the long haul ... This is the world we live in today and not the way it should be to those of us who knew it before all of this Political correctness crap ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. Auctioneer

Where this store is located it has far less restrictions then the store down the road by 15 miles.

10. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

The ones I'm talking about are in the Ft. Lauderdale area of Florida.

Eric

11. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Walmart bases the decision to sell an item on many different factors. Corporate looks at Sales, Managers reports. Local State, county and city laws and ordinances.

As an example in this state only the store that sell the most firearms in each district still sell firearms. In this state if you don't have a full time employee assigned to the Gun/ammo counter they get rid on the guns and again that is based on gun sales.

All Walmart stores are put in districts each district has a manager as well as each store having a manager. If the district manager doesn't like something about guns or gun sales in his district then the guns will go.

Bob Lawless

12. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

That is great news for the other stores that do sell guns. There are millions of guns sold in this country. About 25 percent of adults own a gun in this country. In some areas it would be a lot higher. About 200 million guns. I have bought guns from Walmart. It is the most money I have ever spent at one time in a Walmart store. If they don't want to share in the profits so much the better for other stores. To bad when the founder himself was a bird hunter and gun user. But times are changing. Walmarts too have to become more politically correct.

13. Auctioneer

This store is in Va. It is also in a county that is very gun friendly. There are no laws that are against guns in Va or this county.

14. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Is there also a home office that has decided that the store in question won't sell gun????????? Or maybe you know how to run their business and they don't.

Bob Lawless

15. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

WalMart expects to make a certain amount of money for each square foot of the store, if they don't they put something else in that will. They don't care if they are selling toliet paper or Berettas. Add to that they have been hit hard in a few places by the ATF, mainly because the people they hired weren't capable of doing the paperwork correctly that is required when selling guns. I have never bought a gun from WalMart and never would so I'm kind of happy they are quitting. I've known people who would use up hours of a local gunshop owners time finding out what to buy, and then going to WalMart to buy it just to save a couple of bucks. Of course if they have any questions or problems they go back to the local gunshop who according to them is a rip off and charges too much.

16. flylta13

flylta13 TS Member

Gun ownership = citizen

Gun ban = subject

Those that want the populace to be subjects want to take away our rights and our guns so we can't defend our rights.

All the wal-marts in SW Florida sell guns and ammo, nice selection and usually the cheapest around.

17. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Americans have become cheapskates that is for sure.

18. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Only guns I bought at Mao Mart were a couple of 1187 20ga's they had on sale. Since then they haven't had anything in their case worth buying. And the ammo selection sucked then, and it's worse now. Plus most of the hunting supplies have dwindled to a token amount. Contrast that to the Mao Marts I went into in the midwest. They were full of hunting clothes. I did notice the camo patterns were regional.

19. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Yeah auctionman but did they have your "depends"???

Don

20. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Auctioneer... its you who tells the store what they should sell with your dollars... if you don't like the policy, call and write Walmart Management - you may not get a response, but at least you've said your piece.

I only buy the items that I know are priced right and US made - paper products, garbage bags, ammo, etc... I won't buy any of their China made or imported BS...

regards all,

Jay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.