1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Wad Design

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by phirel, Jan 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phirel

phirel TS Member

I am suggesting a new wad design that will help all of us. The wad should be aerodynamically design to travel with the shot string for at least 35 yards. The four petals should be designed to break off of the base of the wad at 35 yards and all parts of the wad should be colored fluorescent orange.

Pat Ireland

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Pat,

Take your medicine and go back to bed. HMB

3. thomaslea1

thomaslea1 Member

Maybe a BANG to verify separation, or at least a puff of smoke.

How about snap-on pedals for those who recycle wads?

4. locdoc

locdoc Member

Pat,

Have you gotten into the left overs from Wed. night???? :-}

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

5. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Pat, knew a guy that almost designed his own to look as though your advocating. He claimed it got him a few targets.

6. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

Pat, sounds like a job for NASA, I'm sure they could design what you want. But they are expensive enough now. Shoot for the moon.

7. bigk

bigk TS Member

Pat while in Italy a few years ago I visited a cartridge manufacturer beside the Beretta factory.He was loading shells with something like a two piece wad where the first part of the wad seperated at about 20yds and the remainder seperated at about 45yds.These were supposed to increase range as the shot did not spread out until the 45yard range.I had a brochure but cant find it.Could get you an address in March as I hope to be back.
    K

8. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

There's a guy in Pennsylvania that I know that has bright orange wads on his shelf. He called them "cheater wads."

9. jcallan

jcallan TS Member

After the sorry round I shot this morning...a batch of cheater orange wads may help restore confidence.

Of course, we could really get creative and put a small spinner in the bottom of each of the cheater orange wads. The air could rush through the spinner and make a nice humming sound as it looses velocity below the speed of sound. Better yet, we could tune the spinner to sing "L O O O O O S S S S S T T T T T T T"

10. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

A piece of orange flavored target in each reload would permit claiming to have seen a piece to answer the evil lost call....breakemall.....Bob Dodd

11. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Member

and that is why Pat gets the big bucks for his ideas.

12. Aintlost

Aintlost Member

Pat what have you found to be the best wad for handicaps from the 25line using Green Dot .

13. djpk69

djpk69 TS Member

Pat,
    Are they for sale YET? If so I'm IN !

14. RAScott

RAScott Member

Maybe we can get involved with the bailout,to make the breakaway petals. OBAMA will "GLADLY" hand out the money to help trapshooters feel better about poor scores. HELL!, They gonna bail out people that don't feel good about paying for the houses that they were entitled to. Pat, As always you have great posts. Bob Scott

15. RAScott

RAScott Member

Maybe we can get involved with the bailout,to make the breakaway petals. OBAMA will "GLADLY" hand out the money to help trapshooters feel better about poor scores. HELL!, They gonna bail out people that don't feel good about paying for the houses that they were entitled to. Pat, As always you have great posts. Bob Scott

16. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Also the break_away petal design has already been used. A skeet wad from many years ago incorporated this technique. Thus all one would need to do is repaint them. The last supplier of them to my knowledge was Ballistic Products.

17. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Also the break_away petal design has already been used. A skeet wad from many years ago incorporated this technique. Thus all one would need to do is repaint them. The last supplier of them to my knowledge was Ballistic Products.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.